You’ll love this easy-roasted carrot soup! It’s creamy, packed with nutrition, and bursting with delicious flavours. This recipe is perfect for any time of year and can be made in either the oven or an air fryer for a quick and hassle-free meal. Enjoy the comforting flavours of roasted vegetables in a bowl of warm soup.
About this easy Roasted Carrot Soup recipe
This homemade roasted carrot soup is a breeze to make, requiring very little effort on your part. You will only need 6 ingredients plus salt, pepper, and herb for garnish.
Simply roast some carrots, onion, and tomatoes in the oven or air fryer if you want to save time, and then blend them together to create a creamy and flavourful soup. It’s an easy and delicious way to enjoy the taste of roasted vegetables in a comforting bowl of soup.
This soup can be enjoyed any time of the day. However, I enjoy serving them on busy weeknights for a quick dinner or for a light lunch option.
Why you’ll love this Soup?
- It’s easy to make: With just a few simple ingredients and minimal prep work, this recipe is easy to throw together.
- Dietary needs: This soup is a great option for a Vegan, Dairy free, and Gluten-free diet.
- Versatile: You can serve this soup as a starter or a main course, depending on your preference. Perfect for Light Lunch or Dinner.
- It’s delicious: The sweet and savoury flavours of the roasted vegetables combine to create a creamy and flavourful soup that is sure to delight your palate.
How to make an Air fryer Roasted Carrot soup recipe?
To make air fryer carrot soup, toss the carrots, onion, and tomato with olive oil, salt, and pepper.
Transfer to the air fryer basket or a baking dish that will fit inside the air fryer. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until carrots is well roasted.
Now add the roasted veggies along with vegetable stock and spices if you are using any to a large pot. Simmer for 10 -15 minutes until the flavors mingle together.
Transfer to a blender jar and process until smooth.
How to make Oven roasted Carrot soup recipe?
Place carrots, onions, tomatoes, and garlic in the baking dish. Toss with olive oil, salt, and pepper.
Bake in a preheated oven for 25-30 minutes or until the carrots are roasted and the tomatoes just begin to char.
Simmer in a pot with the stock for at least 10 -15 minutes and then puree them smooth.
Season to taste and decant the soup to the bowls. Garnish with parsley and serve warm.
Storing the homemade Carrot Soup
Fridge – If you have leftover roasted carrot soup, it can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 3-4 days. When you’re ready to enjoy it again, you can reheat the soup on the stove or in the microwave.
Freezer -This soup freezes well for up to 3 months. Before reheating, be sure to thaw the soup in the refrigerator overnight. You may need to thin out the soup with a little water or stock when reheating if it has been frozen.
Tips to make this Best Carrot soup
Roasting carrots, onion, garlic and tomatoes render extraordinary flavour to this comforting VEGAN Roasted Carrot soup!
Prep the Vegetables – There is a difference between Good Soup & Better Soup. What makes the difference is the Quality of Ingredients used and a little attention to the process of Cooking. Use fresh ingredients instead of Frozen Vegetables – the flavours are quite different.
Roast the Vegetables until Fork Tender in the oven or air fryer – Prep the vegetables and add them roughly chopped to a baking sheet. Drizzle with oil and season. Bake at 200C/ 400 F checking every 10 minutes until they are roasted and fork tender. You really do not want the vegetables to be mushed up.
Simmer for the flavours to combine – Add the roasted vegetable along with the stock to the pot and simmer for at least 10 -15 minutes. Simmering the soup will allow the flavours to mingle. I highly recommend – do not miss this step. You might be wondering why the vegetables have roasted anyways but it does make a difference in the flavours. It really does not take that long but you will be glad when you actually taste the soup.
Puree the Soup Smooth – I like to use a Stick blender in a pot and process them smoothly. If you would like to use a tabletop blender, I would allow the soup to cool down for at least 10 minutes before transferring it to the blender jar.
PS: Hot ingredients in the Blender can cause the lid to open and make a mess!
There are many options for serving with carrot soup, depending on your preferences and the occasion. Here are a few ideas:
- Air fryer Grilled cheese or Vegetable sandwiches
- A green salad with a light vinaigrette
- Crusty bread, Irish soda bread, Garlic knots or Dinner rolls, for dipping in the soup
- A protein, such as grilled tofu or grilled paneer, on the side
- Air fryer croutons as a garnish for the top
- Air fryer Roasted vegetables, or root vegetables tray bake or air fryer roasted broccoli
- A dollop of cream, yogurt or sour cream on top of the soup
- A sprinkle of chopped herbs, such as parsley or chives, for garnish
How to make Carrot soup creamier?
- Adding a small amount of cooked rice, quinoa, or potatoes to the soup will give it a creamier texture.
- Adding a quarter can of coconut milk, heavy cream, or creme fraiche to the soup will also give it a rich and creamy texture.
If you love this Vegan Carrot Soup, you will love these Soup recipes
Homemade Vegan Roasted Carrot Soup Recipe below
- 6 Large Carrots(500g) roughly cubed
- 1 White Onion(110 g) sliced
- 3 cloves Garlic
- 2 Large Vine Tomatoes (100g)
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 cup Veg Stock
- ¾ tsp Fine Sea Salt
- Fresh Black Pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp Fresh Parsley finely chopped
- ½ tsp Cumin optional
- ¼ tsp Coriander optional
Oven roasted carrot soup
- Preheat the oven to 200 C. Add carrots, onions, tomatoes and garlic in the baking dish. Generously drizzle olive oil. Sprinkle some salt and bake them for about 25-35 minutes until well roasted or until the tomatoes just begin to char and release their juices. Check every 10 minutes to avoid getting burnt.
- Transfer the soup ingredients along with vegetable stock to a large pot and simmer for 10 -15 minutes. If you like the soup a little thinner, add more stock.
- Garnish with Parsley and serve the warm carrot soup with soda bread.
Air fryer carrot soup
- Preheat the air fryer to 190C. Add carrots, onions, tomatoes, and garlic to the baking dish. Toss with oil, salt and pepper. Air fry for about 15-20 minutes until the carrots are well roasted. If your air fryer is not large enough, add the vegetables to the air fryer basket.
- Transfer the roasted vegetables along with vegetables stock and spices to a large pot.Simmer for 10 -15 minutes.
- Now stick a blender into the pot and bend them together.
- Serve the soup hot, garnished with chopped parsley.
Update – This recipe was published on Jan 3rd 2018.