This Roasted Pumpkin soup is a delicious and comforting recipe, perfect for fall and winter. Made with roasted pumpkin, coconut milk, and warming spices, this vegan soup is easy to make and incredibly flavourful.
About this Homemade Roasted Pumpkin soup
I really love making Roasted Pumpkin Soup on cold winter days. What’s great about this recipe is that it’s quick and easy to make, and requires only a handful of ingredients. You can easily make a big batch of this soup and enjoy it for several days, or freeze it for later.
With warming spices and a rich and creamy texture, Roasted Pumpkin Soup is a seasonal favourite that’s sure to satisfy and warm you up from the inside out!
This Roasted Pumpkin Soup is perfect for serving as an appetiser, a light lunch, or even as a main dish with some crusty bread on the side.
You can also customise the recipe to your liking by adjusting the amount of spices or adding other ingredients like roasted garlic, red pepper flakes or coconut flakes.
How to make Oven roasted Pumpkin Soup recipe?
To start, simply roast pumpkin wedges in the oven until it is tender.
While the pumpkin is roasting, simultaneously saute the onion and garlic in coconut oil until they’re soft and fragrant, then set them aside. Once the pumpkin is ready, transfer it to a pot with vegetable stock and warming spices like ginger, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Bring it to a boil and let it simmer for 10 minutes or so, until the flavors have melded together.
Use an immersion blender to puree the mixture into a smooth and creamy soup. Finally, add some coconut milk to give the soup a rich and creamy texture and bring it to a gentle boil.
Ladle to bowls and serve roasted pumpkin soup with your favourite toppings.
How to make Air fryer Pumpkin Soup
To make Air Fryer Pumpkin Soup, start by cutting the pumpkin into wedges and brushing them with oil. Then, air fry them in a baking dish or basket at 200C for 15-20 minutes or until roasted.
While the pumpkin is cooking, sauté some onion and garlic in coconut oil until fragrant. Once done, add the roasted pumpkin, vegetable stock, and spices to the pan and bring it to a boil.
Next, use an immersion blender to blend the mixture into a smooth puree. Then, add some coconut milk and season to taste. Allow the soup to boil for a few minutes before turning off the heat.
Finally, ladle the soup into bowls, add your preferred toppings, and serve air fryer roasted pumpkin soup immediately.
When it comes to serving pumpkin coconut soup, there are plenty of ways to take it up a notch. These toppings not only add flavour and texture but also make the soup look beautiful and inviting.
- Drizzle with a swirl of cream, coconut cream, greek yogurt or sour cream for added creaminess.
- Sprinkle with chopped fresh herbs, such as parsley, cilantro, or chives for some added freshness.
- If you like it spicy, add a dash of hot sauce or chili flakes for some extra heat.
- For some extra crunch, top with toasted coconut flakes, roasted pumpkin seeds or croutons for added texture.
Some of the serving suggestions for Pumpkin Soup are
- Serve with a side of soda bread, garlic knots or a flat bread for dipping.
- Top with roasted pumpkin seeds or air fryer croutons for added texture.
- Pair with a no mayo coleslaw, or sandwich for a more filling meal.
- Serve in a hollowed-out pumpkin for a festive touch during the fall season
Fridge: Store leftover pumpkin soup in airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days. Reheat thoroughly in the microwave or in a saucepan before serving.
Freezer: For longer storage, portion the pumpkin soup in the containers. Label and store in the freezer up to 3 months. Thaw the soup overnight in the fridge or in the microwave using the defrost function.
Reheat thoroughly before serving.
If you love this recipe, you will also love
Easy Roasted Pumpkin Coconut Soup recipe below
- 1 Red Onion roughly chopped
- 1 Vegetable Stock Cube
- 2 Cups of Water
- 2 Cloves Garlic
- 500 g Pumpkin
- 2-3 Tbsp Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 1/2 Can of Coconut Milk
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon powder
- Garnish with Toasted Coconut Flakes
- Preheat the oven to 200 C.
- Deseed the Pumpkin Seeds, cut the pumpkin into chunks or wedges. Place them in a roasting tray along with garlic cloves wrapped in a foil. Generously drizzle olive oil, salt and pepper on the pumpkin wedges and roast in the oven for approximately 30 minutes or until the pumpkins are soft.
- Scoop out the pumpkin flesh and squeeze out the garlic from the skin and set them aside.
- In the meanwhile heat oil in the pan, add the onions and fry until translucent. Add the pumpkin flesh along with garlic and saute for 2-3 minutes.
- Crumble the vegetable stock cube and add it to the pot. Add 2 Cups of water and allow the whole mixture to boil and then reduce to simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add Coconut milk, cumin powder, cinnamon powder and stir the mixture well.
- At this stage insert the immersion blender and blend, adding more water if you would enjoy a thinner consistency. Taste and adjust the seasoning!
- Ladle the soups into the bowls and garnish with toasted coconut flakes.