This Creamy Sausage Tortellini soup is quick, easy, delicious, and satisfying in this cold weather. Made with Quorn Cocktail Sausages, carrots, spinach, and tortellini pasta in a rich creamy tomato base, this soup will soon become your family’s favourite weeknight meal!
To celebrate the spirit of Christmas, I have partnered with @Quorn_uk to create this Quick, Easy, Fuss-free family favourite soup recipe with the Quorn Vegan and Vegetarian Party food.
Disclosure – This post is sponsored by Quorn.
About this Easy Sausage Tortellini Soup
I make this Sausage Tortellini soup so often because it has got very little prep, is so delicious, loaded with flavour, and simply healthy too! This One Pot soup has everything you need from Quorn Sausages, tortellini pasta, vegetables, and a creamy tomato base.
It does not need an array of spices from your pantry. I would simply use 1 tablespoon of Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper. For a kick-off heat, I would occasionally add some chilli flakes or hot sauce.
The perfect combination of comforting, seriously rich, creamy, and filling meat-free meals for all occasions. All the delicious flavours make this soup irresistible.
This Ultimate Comfort food is not only for weeknights, they also make our holiday meals special. My kids have already added this sausage pasta soup loaded with cheese to their Christmas Eve dinner menu.
Why you’ll love this recipe?
Quick and Easy – It is the easiest sausage soup, you will ever make! And it takes just about 30 minutes. This really simple soup made with basic ingredients will warm you up on a cold day.
One-pot – You will only need one pot to make this rich and cream tomato-based sausage soup.
Dietary needs – It is Vegetarian and can be made dairy-free with simple swaps.
Versatile – This soup has delicious texture and flavors, you will want to enjoy them for Christmas feast as well as cold wintery nights.
Cooking method – Can be made on Stove Top or Instant Pot! In either case, you will need only one pot!
Olive Oil – This is used to sauté the onions, sausages, and vegetables. You can use any of your preferred neutral flavoured oil for this.
Garlic – I prefer minced fresh garlic in the soup. Garlic powder would certainly work too.
Onion – I love to use diced yellow onion. Red Onion can be used; however, they do have a strong aftertaste.
Celery, Carrots – They add great texture to the soup.
Tomatoes – A Can of diced tomatoes or crushed tomatoes or even passata sauce will work.
Spinach – Baby Spinach is delicious, alternatively, you can also use Kale.
Vegetarian Sausages – I have used sliced Quorn Cocktail Sausages for this soup recipe. Did you know you can make Air fryer Sausages with these too?
Tortellini Pasta – Any fresh tortellini pasta will work. If you are using dried pasta in the recipe, make sure to cook ahead and then add it to the soup.
Cream – You can either use Double Cream or Plant-based cream.
Italian Seasoning – Make your own or use the packaged kind.
Vegetable Stock – I prefer to use Veg stock or broth as it is flavoursome in the soup. You can also use water if the stock is not handy.
Salt & Pepper – Season to your liking.
Cheese, Basil – These are Optional toppings and they complement the soup so nicely.
Serving Suggestions for Vegetarian Sausage and Tortellini soup
Scoop this delicious sausage pasta soup into bowls and serve with lots of cheese or even with a garnish of basil leaves this holiday season.
About Quorn Cocktail Sausages
Quorn Cocktail Sausages have a great taste and texture, perfect for those following a vegetarian diet or for those looking for a healthy meat alternative.
These mini mouthfuls of delicious are great for meal prep, canapés, sausage rolls as well as a tasty snack!
Quorn has a great selection of products with fantastic meat-like texture and flavours, to use in your recipes. Be it Quorn Pieces in curries or Quorn Vegan Pepperoni Slices on your pizza or Quorn Brilliant Bangers for your hot dog – it is perfect for family meals or special occasions!
Quorn is made from mycoprotein, which is naturally high in fibre, low in saturated fat and, contains no cholesterol. To make mycoprotein a natural fungus that grows in the soil, called Fusarium venenatum, is fermented in factories in the UK. It is a nutritious protein source containing all 9 essential amino acids, much like meat, fish and, chicken. Mycoprotein lends the Quorn Products a meat-like texture and is delicious in all your favourite recipes.
Thinking about what else to make with Vegetarian Sausages?
Store the leftover soup in an airtight container for up to 2 days in the fridge. Reheat thoroughly and ensure the food is piping hot before serving.
If you love this soup, you will also love
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 3 Clove Garlic minced
- 1 yellow onion diced
- 1 stick celery diced
- 2 medium carrots diced
- 400 g diced tomatoes
- 2½ cup spinach
- 180 g Quorn Cocktail Sausages diced into 1/4 inch
- 300 g Tortellini
- ½ cup Double Cream
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 3 Cup Veg Stock
- Salt to taste
- ½ Tsp Black Pepper
- Heat Olive Oil in a 4-quart soup pot. Add vegetarian sausages and sauté for 4-5 minutes until brown. Transfer them to a plate and set aside.
- Add onion, garlic to the same pot and sauté for 3-4 minutes
- Add carrots, celery and sauté briefly.
- Now add the diced tomatoes, Veg stock, Italian-seasoning,salt & pepper to the pot. Cover the pot with a lid and allow the soup to simmer for at least 8-10 minutes.
- Now add the fresh tortellini and cook for 3 minutes (as per the packet instructions)
- Stir in the cream, spinach, sausages andreturn the lid to the pot. Allow the spinach to wilt.
- Serve the sausage tortellini soup warm and enjoy.
Instant Pot Instructions
- Set the Instant Pot to SAUTE mode for 6 minutes. Add oil, vegetarian sausages and sauté for 4 minutes until brown.
- Add onion, and garlic. Saute for 2 minutes .Now add carrots, celery, and saute briefly. A
- Add diced tomatoes, vegetable stock, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper.
- Secure the pressure cooker lid and turn the vent to a SEALING position. Select PRESSURE COOK and set the cooking time to HIGH PRESSURE for 1 minute. Quick Pressure Release.
- Open the lid immediately.Select SAUTE mode, add the fresh tortellini. Stir and cook for 3 minutes. CANCEL the Saute Setting.
- Stir in the cream and spinach leaves. Cover with a lid and allow the spinach to wilt. This roughly takes 3 -4 minutes.
- Serve warm Tortellini Soup with cheese if you like.