Shredded Brussels Sprout Salad -Make this easy and delicious Festive Salad ahead or even serve it for a quick lunch! You only require a handful of ingredients to make this shredded brussel sprout salad for the holiday meal.
Make it vegan by leaving out the cheese !
Is it BRUSSEL SPROUTS OR BRUSSELS SPROUT or BRUSSELS SPROUTS?
Until a few years back, I always wondered what it is the right spelling. These tiny cabbage are named after the city of Belgium called Brussels, so the correct spelling is BRUSSELS SPROUT.
However English is a funny language and we tend to translate the common mispronunciations and carry on with it. Just like Brussel Sprout is a common error in English Language!
EASY SHREDDED BRUSSELS SPROUT SALAD
Not just for the festive occasions like Thanksgiving and Christmas, these mini cabbages are a delicious accompaniment to your meaty main dishes. They also make a delicious Salad lunch on the go.
Our No Cook Salad recipe comes together in just about 5 minutes. What takes a little longer is the preparation involved like shaving or shredding the brussels sprouts, lemon vinaigrette etc.
For a change, its great to add some deliciousness to the Christmas meal with these shredded sprouts, juicy pomegranate seeds, onion, pecans and drizzled with lemon vinaigrette.
WHY I LOVE THIS BRUSSELS SPROUT SALAD
Come festive season every year, we tend to make many variations of this Easy Brussels Sprout Salad.
Quick & Easy – Simply shred or shave the sprouts. Toss them with onions, pomegranate seeds, pecan, salty cheese, salt & pepper and vinaigrette.
Make Ahead – Perfect Holiday Salad that can be prepped and made in advance. This salad holds the dressing well, without getting soggy. So it’s perfect to make it ahead of the party.
Can be Vegan – If you decide to use a Vegan Cheese or leave out the cheese in the recipe – this hearty vegan brussels sprout salad is suitable for VEGANS/ VEGETARIANS.
Easy Lunch – Perfect for Mason Jar Salad for work! I love mason jar recipes just like this Mexican Mason Jar Salad.
If you love this Brussels sprout salad recipe…
Try these No Mayo Coleslaw Salad
HAVE YOU MADE THIS RECIPE ?
Be sure to leave a comment and/or give this recipe a ★ rating!
Quick & Easy Shredded Brussels Sprout Recipe below
- 500 g Brussel Sprouts Shredded
- 5 Tbsp Pomegranate Seeds
- 1 Small Red Onion thinly sliced
- 10-12 Pecans
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 20 g Shaved Cheddar Cheese Optional
- 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- ½ Tsp Lemon Zest
- 1 ½ Tsp Maple Syrup
- 1 Tsp Dijon mustard
- 3 Tsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Tsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- ¼ Tsp Sea Salt
- Fresh Black Pepper to taste
- Wash and pat dry the Brussel Sprouts. Thinly Shred the Brussel Sprouts using a vegetable slicer. Alternatively slice them thin with your knife. Using the fingers, gently mix them to separate the shreds from the greens nicely.
- In a large bowl, add Brussels sprouts, Sliced Onions and toss.
- In a small bowl, whisk together lemon juice, lemon zest, dijon mustard, maple syrup, oil, vinegar and salt. Taste and adjust the consistency of the Vinaigrette to suit your palette.
- Pour the prepared Dressing over the Brussel Sprouts Salad and toss until well coated.
- Add Pomegranate Seeds, Pecan Nuts, Shaved Cheddar Cheese to the salad.
- Taste and adjust the seasoning with needed salt and pepper. Toss to combine.
- Serve Brussels Sprout Salad for lunch or along with your festive meal.