Now this has become an addiction !! This Strawberry Shortcake Overnight Oats just scream ICE CREAM ..
Making Overnight Oats repeatedly over the week. The husband loves it to work as a 10 am filler before lunch. He enjoys an early morning quick breakfast like a toast , banana or so and then looks forward to his flavoured fruity oats.
I have tried sending him chocolaty, cacao nibs kind but he doesn’t have sweet tooth for Chocolate’s 🙂 I loved it warm but somehow what he likes is loaded with berries, banana’s and tropical fruits. Fair enough and there is nothing wrong in it really. I have experimented so many ways of doing it like adding some flavoured yogurt instead of milk, some chia seeds and lots of toppings and its fun.
Sending them in a nicer jar does get a lot of attention. He has had his colleagues stop by his desk or at the office canteen to ask him about it. I love my Ball Design Jars and have kept it exclusive just for these overnight oats!
One interesting colleague actually asked him if he picked it from Waitrose! Such beautiful comments make me work harder on the GUI of the jar and flavours.
Why the name Strawberry Shortcake Overnight Oats? Well, there is no baked treaty here as such.. but the ice cream like flavours and arrangement of layers make me scream Strawberry Shortcake.
- 2 Tbsp Strawberry Jam
- 1/2 Cup + 1 Tsp Rolled Oats
- 1/4 Cup Greek Yogurt
- 1/2 Cup Milk | Almond Milk
- 1 Tbsp Maple Syrup | Honey
- Sliced Strawberries Blueberries and Mint
- Combine Oats, Yogurt, Milk, 2 Tsp of strawberry jam and Maple Syrup in a bowl. Give it a good mix.
- Since these jars are being prepared for work, Layer the Strawberry Jam as the base. Top it with the Oats mix, top it with sliced strawberries, blueberries and mint. Make sure to leave at least 1/2 cm width to close the jar. Refrigerate overnight and carry to work next day in the morning.
- Enjoy your Strawberry Ice cream like Strawberry Shortcake Overnight Oats for Breakfast on the go.