These vibrant stuffed peppers with couscous make a filling vegetarian meal… Don’t you think!!
We think, colourful stuffed peppers are a great idea for quick and healthy meals. We are left with abundant choices of stuffing, right from rice to cheesy filling to mediterranean to couscous to anything!! Isn’t it great.
The whole idea of assembling them inside the pepper and baking them until done, is just overwhelming!! I think stuffed bell peppers are also a great idea for using up the leftovers, don’t you agree?
SOME OF SANDHYA’S KITCHEN FAVOURITE RECIPES TO TRY
THE STUFFED PEPPERS COUSCOUS
We are already 14 days down in January and I am going really very slow. Sometimes, I think its the hangover from our fantastic holidays that lets to chill out. Well, its good in a way and bad!
We spend a few days in December, doing massive clearance right from Clearing any cluttered cabinets, outgrown clothing shoes etc. to sorting out our annual paper work.
This is something we do twice a year – During Spring and Christmas. How about you?
Suddenly, there is so much of space everywhere and I am feeling absolutely relieved!!
Whilst we are busy sorting out and clearing any hoarding, I prefer some really exciting and easy lunch for us and this Stuffed Peppers with couscous happened!
INGREDIENTS FOR STUFFED BELL PEPPER WITH COUSCOUS
This is the fun bit!
Colourful Bell Peppers – Red, Yellow & Green
Couscous – Cooking couscous is absolutely easy. Place them in a pot covered with hot water and keep them covered. When all the water is absorbed, give it a good stir.
Salad Vegetables like Tomato & Onion
Salt & Pepper
Toasted Almonds for texture. I love the addition in my easy stuffed peppers recipe.
These SuperFood, Super-healthy, and Vitamin rich recipe for Stuffed Peppers takes only 15 minutes of preparation.. It works really well when you want to treat a larger gathering and off-course for your family dinner too.
OTHER EASY MEAL IDEAS TO INSPIRE YOU
EASY STUFFED PEPPERS WITH COUSCOUS RECIPE BELOW
- 4 Colourful peppers halved and cored
- 2 Tsp Olive Oil
- 100 g CousCous
- 1 Red Onion finely chopped
- 1 Large Vine Tomatoes finely chopped
- 3 Tsp Feta Cheese Crumbled
- 1 Tbsp Toasted Almonds
- 30 g Basil finely shredded
- 1/8 th Cup of Lemon Juice
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Basil Leaves
- Toasted Almonds
- Lemon Wedges
- Preheat Oven to 180 C | Gas Mark 4.
- Rub Oil all around the peppers and place them on a baking tray, cut
- side down for 10 minutes and then 10 minutes turned up.
- Place Couscous in a heat proof bowl and add 140ml Boiling water. Stir, cover and leave it aside for at least 10 - 12 minutes.
- Meanwhile, chop the tomatoes, onions, basil leaves and keep it ready.
- Stir the couscous with a fork to fluff it up. Add the tomatoes, onions, basil, lemon juice, feta cheese and toasted almonds. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Check for taste and season more if required.
- Spoon in the couscous mixture into the pepper halves and bake for 5 minutes. Garnish with toasted Almonds and Basil leaves.
- Serve with a yogurt dip and lemon wedges.