Grab a Bag of Frozen Mixed Berries and enjoy a Summer Berry Spritzer anytime of the year.
This year, Not 2 but 3 herb pots are growing lovely on my kitchen window sill. They are such a bless every morning. Whilst the kettle is boiling every morning, I take those 2 minutes to water and spend time with them. Mint leaves charmingly add that Midas touch to my drinks,curries and what not. Miss S brought some seeds potted in a little plastic cup. I had no clue what to expect for the first few days.. With all the excitement, when the first leaf came up, there was an absolute joy. The peas shoots are growing and I really want to see what they reap !!!
These Herb pots are my motivation to make more drinks often in summer and garnish them well too:) When Aldi asked me to come up with something exciting for Summer, it had to be a drink again. Often we tend to make a drink with fresh ingredients. But I was keen to make a drink with something that can be made any time any day. A couple of Frozen tubs of Berries did the needful and some from the fridge.
You will be spoilt with choices if you are looking for alternative Mocktail/ Beverages recipe at my space.
You can feel the summer any time of the year now with this Summer Berries Spritzer.
YOU MAY ALSO LOVE THESE
Make a Berry Syrup
- 1.5 Cups of Frozen Mixed Berries Blackberry, Strawberry, Raspberry, Cranberry + some from the fridge
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Water
- 5-6 pieces of mixed berries
- 4 mint leaves
- Ice Cubes as desired
- 1 Portion of Berry Syrup
- Sparkling Drink - Limeade/ Soda Water as needed
- Berries Optional
- Mint leaves
- In a medium sized saucepan add the mixed summer berries,sugar and water and heat over medium heat for 5- 7 minutes. Berries would be all squashed and blended well along with the sugar syrup.
- Turn off the heat, allow them to cool.Strain the Berry Mixture to collect into a smooth Berry Syrup.
- To a cocktail glass, Add berries,mint leaves and lime slices and bash it up with a muddler.
- Pour approximately 50 ml of Berry syrup into the glasses, followed by enough ice cubes.
- Top it with the desired amount of limeade. Garnish with mint leaves.