Sweet chilli pineapple sauce– an excellent upgrade for Thai sweet chili sauce, free from additive or preservatives, cheaper and so much better than store-bought sauce! This homemade sweet, spicy chili sauce with pineapple is so quick and easy to make, requires only a handful of ingredients, and will soon become your go-to favorite!!
About this Pineapple Sweet Chili Sauce recipe
Thinking about what to make with all the fresh pineapples? Try this quick and easy to make this great dipping sauce recipe at home with simple easy fresh ingredients. The total time taken to make this condiment recipe is just about 15-20 minutes. So, next time you run out of any sweet-sour chili tangy sauce, make them at home.
To make this recipe, you will need easy-to-find ingredients like Chili flakes or Fresh Birds eye chillies, sugar, pineapple, vinegar combined with a few more. You will love the taste of this easy tropical sauce recipe so much, that you will forget bottled sauce forever! And this will soon become your go-to sauce recipe always! I bet.
Why will you love this recipe?
Quick & Easy to make – Simply grab the ingredients and add them to the saucepan and it’s ready in about 15-20 minutes. It’s as simple as that! You really don’t need to rush to the nearest Asian store to grab a bottle of Thai chili sauce, when it is so easy to make.
Easy to customize – Simply swap ingredients to suit your liking. Don’t like pineapple, use water instead. Don’t have birds eye chillies, use crushed chili flakes. Change up a bit to adjust to your taste.
No Junk Recipe – This versatile sauce is a no junk recipe; you would always love to stock in your refrigerator. Simply foolproof that it will leave you finger-licking!
Budget-friendly – Ingredients are cheap and easy to source. No fancy ingredients are necessary to make this Asian condiment.
Freezer friendly – This sauce keeps well for up to 3 months. Portion them in small containers, label them, and freeze them for later use.
Dietary needs – This Sweet Chili Pineapple Sauce is naturally Vegan and can be Gluten-free if you use Tamari sauce!
Ingredients for Pineapple Sweet Chili Sauce
You will only need 9 ingredients to make this homemade Sweet Chili Sauce with Pineapples!
- Pineapple – I like to use fresh pineapples in the recipe. First core the pineapple, dice them, and add it to the blender to make fresh pineapple juice. I have detailed the method in a separate post for making homemade pineapple juice. If you like the texture a bit chunky, feel free to add some pineapple chunks too.
- Garlic – Fresh minced garlic or diced garlic works best. You really don’t want to make a chutney out of them.
- Chilli – I prefer fresh Birds Eye Chilies in the recipe.. It’s got the perfect heat, which we love in the chili sauce. However, you can substitute it for chili flakes or sambal olek.
- Soy Sauce – Add a little bit of Soy Sauce for the perfect Asian flavor in the sauce. Don’t add too much as it can alter the color of the sauce.
- Apple Cider Vinegar or Rice Wine Vinegar – I like to use either of them for making pineapple dipping sauces.
- Granulated sugar or any other white sugar will work. I have not tried it with cane sugar or sugar alternatives like honey or maple syrup.
- Salt to taste
- Cornflour & Water to make a slurry. Cornflour slurry works as a thickening agent to the dipping sauce.
How to make Pineapple Sweet Chilli Sauce step by step?
To make Pineapple Sweet Chilli Sauce, add all the ingredients other than cornflour slurry to a deep pan.
Bring the sauce to a boil and allow it to simmer for 5 minutes.
Add the cornflour slurry and give it a stir. Cook further for another 3 minutes. Turn off the flame and allow the sauce to cool down. Serve immediately or transfer to glass jars for later use.
Serving suggestions for Sweet Chilli Pineapple sauce
- Use this dipping sauce to complement street foods.
- Use it along with paneer chili or Indo-Chinese recipes like vegetable fried rice, spring rolls or Wontons.
- Sandwiches, burgers, pizza will taste great with sweet chili pineapple sauce.
- Spread some sauce over carrots before baking them to amp up the flavor. Your kids will crave to have them more and more.
- Tastes great with Vegetable Pakora’s,Onion Bhaji and Samosa.
For the pineapple chili sauce to look reddish, You can use chili sauce like sambal oelek. One other way is to use natural red food coloring made from beet or paprika. I have not used either in the recipe.
Add 1 tsp Tomato Ketchup or Tomato Paste for the tanginess.
For a Gluten-free Pineapple Sweet Chili Sauce – Use Tamari sauce instead of Soy sauce in the recipe.
If you like the dipping sauce chunky, add 1/2 cup of pineapple chunks to the sauce while boiling.
For less sweet Chili Sauce, reduce the sugar by another 1/2 a cup.
Can I store this sauce?
Store the homemade sweet chili pineapple sauce in the refrigerator for up to a week and freezer for about 3 months. The sauce may congeal when you freeze it. Pop it back in the microwave and heat it for 30 seconds, it will be back to normal texture. Alternatively Heat the sauce on a low flame on the stovetop, stirring continuously. The sauce will return to its normal texture.
IF YOU LOVE THIS RECIPE, YOU WILL ALSO LOVE
HAVE YOU MADE THIS RECIPE?
Be sure to leave a comment and/or give this recipe a ★ rating!
- 1 ¼ Cup Pineapple Juice
- 1 ½ cup Sugar
- ½ cup Apple Cider Vinegar or Rice Vinegar
- 1 Tsp Soy sauce
- 5 Fresh Birds eye chilli, minced or 2 Tbsp Chili Flakes
- 2 Tbsp Garlic minced
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 2 Tbsp Corn flour
- 4 Tbsp water
- In a deep pan, add sugar, pineapple juice , vinegar, garlic, chilliies and salt. Bring the mixture to a boil and allow it to simmer for 5 minutes.
- Make a cornflour slurry by mixing cornflour and cold water. Reduce the heat and add the corn flour slurry and cook for a further of 5 minutes until it thickens and comes to sauce consistency.
- .Allow the sauce to cool completely and store in air tight jars in the refrigerator