I m soo delighted that I have made this lovely pudding and this brings me back to blogging There should be an icebreaker ,when you want to make a comeback and this dessert did the same thing.
My understanding of this dessert was that it would taste similar to Pal Paysam ( another milk rice pudding made in the traditional south Indian style) . But after compiling this dessert , my notion was proved wrong… This rice pudding is served as Prasad( a token after the prayer) in North India .
|Whole Milk||1.25 l|
|Cinnamon Stick||2 *1” long|
|Sugar||3/4th –1 Cup|
|Almonds – peeled & sliced||For Garnishing|
- Soak the rice in water for at least 2 hours . Drain the water and powder the rice until coarse.
- In a steel saucepan , bring the milk to boil with the cinnamon stick .
- Add the ground rice and stir at regular intervals. If you feel there is a lump formation happening , run ur hand blender through the mixture on the stove and give it a good whizz a few times..This process with help the lumps to vanish.
- When the rice is completely cooked , include the sugar ,stirring occasionally. Cook until the sugar is completely dissolved .
- Cook on low flame for another 10 minutes. Remove from the heat. Let the phirni cool down completely and allow it to chill for minimum 2-3 hours .
- To serve ,Pour the phirni in individual matka’s , garnish with sliced almonds & walnuts.
Sending this lovely dessert to 100 Yummy Diwali Sweets Recipes – Ebook By Indus Ladies.