Thai Pineapple Fried Rice is a quick and easy recipe for Weeknight Dinners. Better than Takeout and oh so easy! Instructions included for Stove Top and Instant Pot Method.
THAI PINEAPPLE FRIED RICE RECIPE
We love Thai Cuisine at home and one among our repositories is this Pineapple Fried Rice. Thai Fried Rice with Pineapple is made with fragrant Jasmine Rice, pineapple, vegetables along with authentic Thai twist. It’s sweet, spicy, and slightly tangy too.
Thai Fried Rice recipe with pineapple is absolutely delicious, loaded with exotic flavours, coming from a combination of simple basic pantry ingredients.
THIS PINEAPPLE FRIED RICE RECIPE is
- Vegan, Gluten-Free
- Easy to prepare & comes together in minutes.
- just fantastic to incorporate lots & lots of vegetables.
- a visual treat with lots of colorful vegetables, which makes it more appetizing.
- an ideal recipe for Weeknight Dinner – so much better than takeout.
- an excellent option for a lunchbox idea.
- fabulous as a side dish or even as a main meal!
- a great option when you want to feed a crowd in a jiffy.
WHAT IS PINEAPPLE FRIED RICE?
As such Fried Rice is a hearty and delicious meal, that is incredibly simple to make. Pineapple Fried Rice originally comes from Thailand, made with fragrant jasmine rice, vegetables, pineapple, soy sauce & curry powder. A simple standard stir fry method is used to make this authentic Thai fried rice recipe.
Before you get started, the key is to get the preparations sorted.
THE BEST PINEAPPLE FRIED RICE INGREDIENTS
To make Thai pineapple curry fried rice recipe, you will need the following ingredients
Cooked Rice – I prefer to use Jasmine rice for this recipe. Jasmine rice is originally from Thailand and is commonly used in Southeast Asian cooking. It is a long-grain variety of rice with a subtle floral aroma and a soft, sticky texture when cooked.
One day’s old rice works best for the recipe. If you would like to make fried rice with freshly cooked rice, allow it to cool completely.
You may as well use any other variety of long grain rice too like Basmati Rice. I have a detailed write-up on What kind of Rice to use for Fried Rice?
Mixed Vegetables – Carrots, Red Bell Pepper, Fresh or frozen peas, white onion, scallions
Ginger & Garlic – Minced Ginger Garlic is all you need. Alternatively use store-bought ginger paste and garlic paste.
Soy Sauce – Use Gluten Free Soy Sauce to make it a GF option. Dark & Light Soy Sauce is available in the market. I like to use Dark Soy Sauce when the flavors need to be bold in soy.
Curry Powder – adds a great twist to this fried rice recipe.
Sriracha Sauce – The heating element to the rice comes from the Hot sauce. You can use any other hot sauce or even sliced Thai chilies too.
Salt & Pepper – Add a controlled portion of salt to the rice, as soy sauce has some in it already.
HOW TO MAKE Veg THAI PINEAPPLE FRIED RICE?
There are so many ways to prepare this pineapple fried rice. Make it in Instant Pot ( Pressure Cooker ) or Stove Top, either ways there are super easy and delicious. There is a vegan version, a vegetarian version, and even an eggetarian version.
How to make Pineapple Fried Rice on Stove Top?
Heat oil in a wok in high flame. Once heated, add garlic & ginger. Fry for just a few seconds. Add the onions, scallions, and saute for 1 minute.
Tip in the Mixed vegetables one by one and saute in high heat, tossing for a couple of minutes, just enough to leave them crunchy.
Add Soya sauce, Curry Powder, Sriracha Sauce, Pepper, and mix them well.
HOW TO MAKE INSTANT POT PINEAPPLE FRIED RICE ( THAI ) – VIDEO
Detailed Instructions for Instant Pot Thai Pineapple Fried Rice is in the recipe maker.
THAI PINEAPPLE CURRIED FRIED RICE – FAQ & TIPS
Pineapple – Fresh Pineapple or Canned Pineapple? Either way works. Some people also love to add pineapple juice while making this dish.
Can I add eggs to the recipe? Add beaten egg to the inner pot and cook. Stir frequently until you scramble the eggs. Transfer the egg to the bowl and set it aside. Add them along with the rice towards the end.
Can I make it gluten-free: Use Gluten Free Soy Sauce or Tamari.
Serving Suggestions: This Pineapple Fried Rice ( Thai ) tastes the best even on the next day. Remember to reheat it well and serve them hot. If you fancy, serve your fried rice on pineapple boats too.
IF YOU LOVE THIS RECIPE, Check out my other Fried Rice Recipes
MORE THAI RECIPES
HAVE YOU MADE THIS PINEAPPLE FRIED RICE ( THAI STYLE )?
Be sure to leave a comment and/or give this recipe a ★ rating!
Post a photo of your creation on my Facebook page, share it on Instagram, or save it to Pinterest with the tag #sandhyaskitchen. I would love to see your pictures of this easy vegan pineapple fried rice.
THAI PINEAPPLE FRIED RICE RECIPE BELOW
Stove Top Method
- 3 Cup Cooked Rice
- 2 Tbsp Sesame Oil
- 1 Tbsp Minced Garlic
- 1 Tbsp Minced Ginger
- 1/2 Large Onion diced fine
- 4 Tbsp Scallions White Part of Spring Onions
- 3/4 Cup Carrot sliced
- 3/4 Cup Red Bell Pepper
- 1/2 Cup Frozen Green Peas
- 3 Tbsp Soy Sauce
- 1.5 Tsp Mild Curry Powder
- 1 Tsp Sriracha Sauce Add more for spicy
- 1/2 Tsp Pepper
- 1.5 Cup Pineapple Chunks
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 3 Tbsp Green onions
Instant Pot ( Pressure Cooker Method )
- For Jasmine Rice
- 1 Cup Jasmine Rice
- 1 Cup Water
- Remaining ingredients same as Stove Top Method above.
Stove Top Method
- Heat oil in a wok in high flame. Add garlic & ginger and fry for just a few seconds. Add the Onions, scallions, and saute for 1 minute.
- Tip in the Mixed vegetables one by one and saute in high heat, tossing for a couple of minutes ( 4 minutes ), just enough to leave them crunchy.
- Add Soya sauce, Curry Powder, Sriracha Sauce, Pepper and mix them well.
- Add Rice, Pineapple Chunks and stir fry with the vegetables for 2- 3 minutes, until well combined.
- Season with salt and add green onions. Mix again and serve Stove Top Vegan Fried Rice hot.
Instant Pot Method
- To prepare Jasmine Rice, rinse the jasmine rice thoroughly in a fine-mesh strainer until the cloudy water clears. Approximately 60 seconds.
- Add the rice to the inner pot of the pressure cooker.
- Add the water, and cover with the lid, set the valve to sealing, and hit PRESSURE COOK for 3 minutes.
- Once the timer beeps after 3 minutes, IP kicks offs automatically to Keep Warm function. After 10 minutes, Naturally release the pressure. Hit CANCEL, and turn valve to venting to release remaining pressure.When pin drops, carefully open lid, stir the rice and transfer them to a large bowl to cool down.
- Clean the Inner Pot. Press SAUTE HIGH.
- Add Sesame Oil. Once its hot, add ginger, garlic and saute for 1 minute.
- Add Onions, scallions and saute for another 1 minute.
- Add the vegetables - carrots, red bell pepper and green peas and saute for 2 minutes. Push the vegetables to the sides to create a little well like in the middle.
- Add Soy Sauce, Curry Powder, Sriracha Sauce and Black Pepper. Stir Well to coat the vegetables.
- Add Pineapple chunks, cooled rice and stir through making sure the rice is nicely mixed with the vegetables and the sauce. Press CANCEL.
- Add Salt, Green Onions and stir to combine.
- Serve Instant Pot Pineapple Fried Rice hot!