Refreshing Watermelon Feta Salad – perfect for light lunch, Picnic or Barbecue parties! Bursting with fresh and summer flavors, this Mediterranean Salad is light, colorful, healthy and easy peasy to make.
Ready in 15 minutes!
Watermelon Salad with Cucumber & Feta
Watermelon is one of my favourite most Summer fruits. I can have enjoy them plain, in Watermelon Juice, in Granita, in Popsicles and in my favourite most Watermelon Salad.
If you have never tried Watermelon Salad before, let me tell you, you are missing on something really so delicious. And if you have not tried Feta with Watermelon, you really have to try this right away! Combination of Watermelon & feta is just too good to miss.
Salty, Sweet and Easy Peasy Refreshing Watermelon Feta Salad made with Cubed Watermelon, Cucumber, Onion, Crumbled Feta, fresh Mint Leaves tossed in a light dressing. I can highly recommend this perfect Summer Salad.
This quick and easy Watermelon Salad takes only 15 minutes of preparation and no cooking too! If you are quicker with your knife skills, you may only need 10 minutes. Its perfect for potluck parties, summer parties, picnic, light lunch and even bbq.
TRENDING RECIPE VIDEO ON SANDHYA’S KITCHEN
To make this refreshing easy watermelon salad recipe, you will need only a handful of ingredients, 15 minutes and absolutely no cooking.
Watermelon – Use Seedless Watermelon to make the salad. This makes it really easy to make the salad, specially because there is not much of preparation involved like removing seeds which can be a lot tedious.
I hate biting into seeds while eating the salad, so I always remember to look for a seedless watermelon.
Cucumber – Long English Cucumber are delicious in this easy salad. You can add the slices of cucumber or add wedges of cucumber. I prefer to deseed the cucumber and add it to the salad many times, as they do not get soggy.
Onion – Red Onions add the perfect crunch in the salad. Slice the Onion thin and add them to the salad just before serving.
Mint Leaves or Basil Leaves – I love the addition of Mint in this watermelon salad. When I don’t have mint leaves handy, I add the basil! If I have both the herbs in plenty, I will add a bit of both. Adding fresh herbs light up the flavors of the easy watermelon salad.
Dressing made with Extra Virgin Olive Oil ( EVOO ), lemon Juice, salt & pepper.
HOW TO MAKE WATERMELON SALAD RECIPE
Gather the ingredients for this easy peasy watermelon salad.
Step 1 – Salad – In a large bowl, add the watermelon, cucumber, onion and mint leaves.
Step 2 – Dressing – Prepare lemon vinaigrette dressing with olive oil, lemon juice, salt & pepper. Add the prepared dressing, toss the salad well.
Step 3- Add crumbled feta and enjoy this chilled summer Watermelon Salad for lunch or dinner.
TIPS TO MAKE BEST WATERMELON FETA SALAD
- Seedless watermelon. Use Seedless Watermelon for making Salad. They are really easy to cut, without any worry to remove the seeds.
- Do not use Pre cut Watermelon from the stores.
- Always remember to use chilled watermelon for the salad as you can use them immediately after bringing the ingredients together.
- If you would like to use the salad for later, add the cheese and onion just before serving. Do not allow the salad to sit in the fridge for too long.
- Quick & Easy Dressing with EVOO, lemon juice, salt & pepper is just too good in this easy salad with watermelon and feta. You can also try adding balsamic vinegar too – they are delicious.
- For variation, add an Avocado to the salad.
- Don’t prefer Cucumber, use Rocket leaves instead.
- Don’t like Onion, simply leave it out!
IF YOU LOVE THIS RECIPE, YOU MAY ALSO LOVE TO TRY THESE
HAVE YOU MADE THIS RECIPE?
Be sure to leave a comment and/or give this recipe a ★ rating!
EASY WATERMELON SALAD WITH FETA RECIPE BELOW
For the Salad
- 3 cup watermelon
- 1/2 medium cucumber halved & deseeded
- 1/2 red onion thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh mint chopped
- 1/2 cup feta cheese crumbled
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 1/2 Tsp Black Pepper
- Salad – In a large salad bowl, add chilled watermelon, cucumber, red onion, and mint ( reserve some for garnishing )
- Dressing – In a small bowl, Whisk together olive oil, lemon juice, salt & pepper. Drizzle the light dressing on the salad and toss them together.
- Add crumbled feta cheese and reserved mint leaves just before serving. Serve this refreshing watermelon feta salad as it is for summery lunch / dinner or as a side dish at potluck, barbecue or picnic.
OXO 9 PIECE NESTING BOWL & COLANDER SET
We were recently sent OXO Good Grips Nesting Bowl & Colander Set by the lovely folks at OXO. Let me tell you these are super dooper convenient.
This 9 piece set has got three bowls, three lids and three colanders that nest together for compact storage. I find them so handy for washing and draining all the different types of food and ingredients. All the pieces are dishwasher safe.They are not microwave or oven safe.
Bowls are 5.2L, 2.8L, 1.4L – They are convenient for potluck parties, bbq and for everyday storage. Lids are convenient for easy stacking of the bowls.
Disclosure – Sandhya’s Kitchen was gifted a set of OXO Nesting Bowl & Colander Set. All opinion expressed here are of my own.