I had promised H a new snack if he comes home early on this lazy snowy day.. And he suddenly pinged a while later.. saying be ready with ur Surprise snack .. Will b home in 20 minutes…
Wondering wot to do?? Immediately started browsing this lovely easy vegetarian book that I picked from the library.Came across this yummy potato snack.. Rösti.But it had different seasoning like Sage leaves & thyme. Didnt have any of them.. Was planning for an alternative seasoning.. just then my neighbour Granny came over and handed over a Shortbread cookies for Chritsmas.. They were lovely
.. I was asking her to suggest me a sesoning .. and she said.. I could use Coriander and Parsley in Rösti and they will make a lovely Scandivian dish.
H thoroughly enjoyed & relished the taste .My 22 months old moster loved it for it was just melting in his mouth … Thats the verdict..
Frying creates a lovely crispy crusty layer just apt for Rösti. They are just delicious by itself or could be served with a green salad.
|Large Potato||: 2 Nos|
|Chopped Coriander Leaves||: 3-4 Tsp|
|Dried Parsley||: 1.5Tsp|
|Cheddar Cheese||: 3-4 Tsp|
|Olive Oil||: 4 Tsp|
|Salt||: To Taste|
|Freshly Ground Pepper||: 1/2 -3/4 tsp|
- Peel the potatoes and grate on the coarse side of the grater to get the texture. Pat dry using a kitchen paper and put it in a bowl.
- Finely chop coriander leaves . Add the herbs to the potato mixture and mix them well. Add the cheddar cheese , required salt and pepper and mix well.
- Using Hands , shape a heapful tablespoon into a ball.Repeat the process with the rest of the mixture.
- Heat Oil in a non stick fry pan , Now add the potato cake to the pan and flatten it with a long handled turner. Fry until golden brown in a low flame. Turn the Rösti over and cook for another 10-15 minutes until golden and cooked thoroughly.
- Repeat the process with the rest of the potato cakes. Transfer the rösti to a serving plate and serve with ketchup or with green salad.
- 2 Potato
- 2 Tsp Chives
- 2 Tsp Parsley
- 4 Tbsp Cheddar Cheese Optional
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil or Butter
- 1/2 Tsp Ground Black Pepper
- Salt to Taste
- Peel the potatoes and grate on the coarse side of the grater. Gather the grated potatoes and squeeze them out to remove the extra moisture.
- Add the herbs, cheddar cheese (if you are using any ), salt and pepper and mix well.
- Using Hands, shape the potato mixture into round patty. Repeat the process with the rest of the mixture.
- Heat Oil in a non stick fry pan , Now add the prepared potato cake to the pan and flatten it gently. Fry until golden brown in a low flame for 8- 10 minutes on each side until cooked thoroughly.
- Repeat the process with the rest of the potato cakes. Remove the rosti to a kitchen towel to absorb all the extra fat before serving.
- Transfer the rösti to a serving plate and serve with green salad or dip of your choice.