Warming up today with this gorgeous bowl of Vegetarian Manchow Soup!!
There has been a massive change in the weather due to the effect of The Atlantic waves. And this has in turn taken a toll on our health.. I have been on a soupy marathon all this week for lunch as it as it is absolutely comforting for this croaky throat. I must admit I have never had so many soups in a week before but I’m absolutely loving it. There has to be a starting point at some point of time, isn’t it!
I am not sure if you’ve heard of Manchow soup before.. but if you haven’t then let me tell you this Vegetable Manchow soup is hugely popular in Indian cuisine restaurants in India. It has got plenty of finely chopped vegetables with generous serving of ginger garlic and some chilli, simmered in stock that would totally awaken your tastebuds. Just to finish it off it is served with a canopy of fried noodles.
If you are fond of Spicy Ramen noodles, then this recipe is worth a try!! Sauce combinations with the perfect blend of seasoning renders the perfect Indo Chinese Flavors to the Manchow Soup.
Christmas just around the corner and I have been sprucing up the house and the kitchen to T!! Well, this year, I felt massively lucky this year when Joseph Joseph sent me their Elevate™ Knives Carousel 100. I would also call them the perfect Christmas Solved Kitchen equipment. Festive seasons involves a lot more cooking than usual and a Knives set is just as essential as anything else in a kitchen!
The Elevate™ rotating knife block, wrapped in brushed 18/8 stainless steel matches my kitchen white goods so well. It has sturdy non slip base.What I particularly enjoy is that the innovative design that allows any Elevate™ knife to be stored in any of the slots, regardless of blade length. How convenient is that!
This range of Elevate™ 100 Knives includes all your essential kitchen knives, right from a paring knife to a carving knife. They are made from German stainless steel for durability. They have a discreet colour coded dot that allows for easy selection from the carousel stand. It also has a tool rest and they are designed in a way that the head of the knife does not touch the work surface.. Wondering why other knives are not designed so cleverly?
I just wished this Elevate Knives Carousel had a slot for Sharpening tool too!
Making this soup got lot more easier, thanks to the Elevate™ Knives Carousel 100 from Joseph Joseph!! Have you got a favourite culinary Gadget that is absolutely inevitable in the kitchen?
- 2 tsp Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp Ginger Paste or grated ginger
- 1 Tbsp Garlic Paste or grated garlic
- 2 Finely chopped green chillies
- 2 Tbsp Finely chopped white part of spring onions
- 4-5 Tbsp finely chopped cabbage
- 1/2 Carrot finely chopped
- 1/4 Green Pepper finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp Corn Flour
- 1 Tbsp Dark Soy Sauce
- 1 Tsp Sriracha Sauce
- 1 Tsp Rice Vinegar
- 1/2 Tsp Tomato Ketchup
- 1/2 Tsp Pepper
- Salt to taste
- Fried Noodles
- Spring Onions
- Heat Oil in a Wok. Add Ginger,Garlic and White Part of Spring Onions. Sauté on high heat until the raw smell eliminates. Add green chillies, cabbage, carrots, green pepper and sauté for another 2 minutes.
- Add roughly 3 cup of boiling water, soy Sauce, sriracha sauce, tomato ketchup, rice vinegar and allow the soup to simmer for 5 minutes.
- In the meanwhile prepare a cornflour mixture by diluting Cornflour in 3 Tbsp of Water. Add this prepared mixture to the simmering soup.
- Add Salt, Pepper and stir well. Taste and add more sauces if needed.
- Serve the Manchow soup with a canapé of fried noodles and finely chopped spring onions.