Simplicity is Divine! goes quite apt with this dry Curry. Very simple ingredients but very strong in flavours.This green leafy vegetable(Methi) though bitter… it compliments quite well with Potatoes…. Both H n me are potato n Methi lovers. One of our favourite recipes.. straight for my records.Enzoy….
|Potatoes(Aloo)||2 Nos large in size|
|Fenugreen Leaves(Methi)||1 Cup|
|Crushed Garlic||3 Pods|
|Sunflower Oil||2 Tblspn|
|Dried Red Chilles||1-2 Nos|
|Concentrated Tomato Puree||1 Tsp ( Optional)|
|Red Chilli Powder||1Tsp|
- Wash & peel the potatoes. Chop them into equal sizes.Slice onions lengthwise.
- Parboil the potatoes in the cooker or open pan in sufficient water .
- Wash ,dry the methi & sort out the leaves. Chop them coarsely and set aside.
- Heat oil in a Wok & add in crushed garlic . Saute until it turns nearly brown .
- Pop in cumin seeds & red chillies.Once cumin begins to splutter , add in sliced onions with a pinch of salt. Saute for 2 minutes.
- Add Methi Leaves and saute for 2 min . Drop the cooked potatoes along with turmeric , chilli and tomato puree .Set the flame to low. Cover and cook until done. Stir every now and then , in this process .Adjust Salt according to the requirement.
- Serve this authentic delicacy with Rice or Phulkas..
I like it a bit tangy and hence you would find most dishes with a twist of tomato puree…Its optional …