All Weekend’s should be treat like, I believe ! Waffles like!
Don’t you think! When we have a really buzy over loaded mumma’s week, these treat just cheer me up.
I made some really delicious Classic Waffles topped with Salted Caramel cream for my lunch one Friday and for kiddos for their after school snack:) Do you think its bit maddening to have them for lunch? I love my Sage Waffle maker and its a breeze when you are in some good company.?
When I posted one of the pictures on Instagram a few day’s back, a few of the fella’s actually said they could have it for any meal any day!! Its not just me who is like this to enjoy waffles for lunch occasionally 🙂 I do have loads of people like minded across the world.
My son goes Ga Ga looking at waffle stores on high streets even though its made nearly a couple of times a month. You can imagine the waffle mania at home now!
When my son’s friends stayed over for his sleep over birthday party, I made them some waffles for breakfast. They were drooling from the moment, I started making them. All they wanted was a drizzle of honey or maple syrup whilst one of the boys wanted dusting of icing sugar. Waffles Breakfast made me their favourite perfect host. Can I ask for anything more?
When I am in no mood to explore, I prefer to go with the Classic Waffles Recipe. They are golden and crispy on the outside.It is a great keeper recipe that can work blindly and you can get experimental with toppings like berries, cream, sauce and what not.
More waffles inspiration – How about trying Lentil waffles with Coconut Chutney. They are gluten free, egg free and nut free too.
Recipe adapted from Heston Blumenthal’s classic waffle recipe.
- 300 g Self Raising Flour
- 450 ml Milk
- 125 ml Unsalted Butter melted
- 50 g Sugar
- 3 Nos Large Egg
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- A pinch of Salt
Salted Caramel Whipping Cream
- 3-4 Tblspn Salted Caramel Sauce
- 1 Cup Double Cream
- Switch on the Sage Smart Waffle Maker,turn to Classic Setting and turn the dial to the brown setting as you like. I usually prefer at 5.
- Preheat until the orange light flashes up and the word HEATING disappears.
- Whisk together wet ingredients - Milk, Butter, Eggs and Vanilla Extract and set aside.
- Mix the Flour, sugar & salt in a large bowl and make a deep well. Add the wet ingredients gradually with continuous whisking. Don't worry if there are some lumps.
- Using Waffle Maker's measuring cup, pour half the measure into the waffle squares ,close the lid and cook until timer has finished and beeps three times.
- Repeat the process with the remaining batter.
- To make Salted Caramel Whipping Cream, whip the double cream with a hand mixer until a soft peak is achieved. This process does take about 2-3 minutes. Stir in Salted Caramel Sauce at room temperature and whip again. I do like some intense caramel in my cream, so ended up adding another tablespoon.
- To serve, place the waffles on top of each other, top it with Salted Caramel Whipping cream, maple syrup and berries of your choice.