Serve this Creamy Cauliflower Soup with warm baguette during wintery months.
Hearty, Healthy and Comforting !
I really wanted to bring this post to you folks last week, but things have been really mad at my end !! Phew ! I am finally having a little sit down and drafting this post. What a crazy week it has Been !! And I guess this madness will continue till we step into the New Year 2017.
Oh what fun – We are already working on Party Plans, Christmas Meal ,Charting out schedules to spend the Long School Breaks with family, a Trip to London and what not.
This Creamy Cauliflower Soup is just perfect to accompany the appetiser in the Christmas Meal specially because it come from local produce. It does occur to me manytimes, Christmas is all about spending time with family and friends together rather than just having exotic pricey fancy meal. This stylish looking comforting Soup is economical to put together and fits the bill for every Christmas Meal.
As I sip this yumm creamy soup dipping some warm toasted baguette , I am also wrapping presents that I have already picked from my favourite store Homesense to stack them under the Christmas Tree. They have got something for everyone with some great bargains. I have treated myself ( Read Blog) to a huge selection of Props from Homesense this Christmas. Did I tell you – these Teal Royal Doughton Bowls and Recycled glasses are from the store. Its a blogger’s paradise !
I visited Outlet village last week to day cheer for the family, apart from looking for Le Cruset and Denby Cutlery Holders . Blimey!! They were priced at 16£ odd whereas at Homesense, they were priced between 6-8£ for the same colors .
If you have still not done with Christmas Shopping or even need bits and bobs of Christmas Decorations, I can highly recommend you to visit the stores. Every Year, we do Visit TK Maxx/Homesense atleast a couple of times and this collaboration came with a big Cheer:)
I let you rejoice this comforting creamy cauliflower soup sitting on a couch, whilst you browse about Homesense on the Web.
Disclosure: This post is sponsored by Homesense.
- 200 g Cauliflower trimmed , cut into florets
- 1 Clove of Garlic finely chopped
- 1 Small Potato peeled and cubed about 100g
- 1/2 Onion peeled and finely chopped
- 100 ml Milk
- 300 ml Vegetable Stock
- 3 Tblspn of Single Cream
- Knob of Unsalted Butter
- 1 Tsp Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper as desired.
- Olive Oil
- Heat Oil+ Butter in a SaucePan over medium heat. Add Garlic, Onion and saute for 2-3 minutes until the raw flavour is gone.
- Add Chopped Potato, Cauliflower and Vegetable Stock. Bring the mixture to boil.
- Add milk and simmer for 15-20 minutes covered with a lid. Cook until the vegetables are tender.
- Let the mixture cool down a bit and then at it to the blender along with cream and Puree.
- Season with Salt & Pepper. Just before you are ready to serve,Return the soup to the Pan and heat them gently .
- Ladle the Soup into the bowls, garnish with drizzles of cream, olive oil and Thyme.
- Serve Immediately.