Vegan Cauliflower Soup is creamy, rich, and comforting, made with real fresh ingredients. With a quick prep and easy ingredients, this soup takes under 30 minutes to cook.
Serve with homemade bread for a hearty meal.
ABOUT THIS VEGAN CAULIFLOWER SOUP
We all love a good bowl of soup, especially when it’s quick & easy, hearty, and delicious. This soup can be made in just One Pot, by simply dumping the ingredients until the vegetables are cooked. And finally finished with cream, oil, herbs, and croutons.
Did I tell you this soup is effortless? You only need one pot and no elaborate dicing and chopping.
It’s that easy! And LOOK how thick and creamy it is!
If you have a little extra time at hand, I will recommend roasting the cauliflower too. Roasting the vegetable intensifies the flavors in the soup.
Ingredients You Will Need
Made with 6 real ingredients plus salt & pepper, this soup is really quick and easy.
Cauliflower – 1 medium head of cauliflower, trimmed and cut into florets
Garlic – Fresh garlic cloves add delicious flavors to the soup
Potato – Adding a small potato to the soup will give some consistency. You can avoid adding corn starch to thicken it up.
Onion – Adds a hint of sweetness. If you would like a little softer flavor, use shallots.
Vegetable Stock or Vegetable Broth will add a savory flavor to the soup. You may want to reduce the salt in the recipe, as there is salt in the regular stock.
Milk – Any milk really works – Dairy or Non-Dairy!
How to make this Vegan Cauliflower Soup?
There is as such no detailed recipe or elaborate method to make this creamy soup.
Add all the ingredients to your large pot, bring it to a boil. Simmer the flame, cover, and cook until the vegetables are tender.
Stick your hand blender in and process until smooth. Serve hot with garnishing.
For added intense flavored soup, you can roast the cauliflower, onion, potato, and garlic in the oven and then add it along with your other ingredients. Process until smooth.
Did you know this Soup is easy to make in your Instant Pot too? Dump all the ingredients in the Instant Pot and pressure cook High for 3 minutes. If you are in a press for time, quick pressure release. Place a hand blender and process smooth.
If the soup is too thick, splash a little milk or stock. If the soup is too thin, press Saute and allow it to simmer for a few minutes until you have the desired consistency.
Ladle the soup in bowls, garnish with the desired topping.
You can also pair it with fresh crispy salad too!
How long does it keep?
Store the leftover cauliflower soup in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. If you are adding Vegan cream to the recipe, I do not recommend freezing it. However, if you are making this soup for freezing for later, add the cream after reheating the soup.
- 500 g Cauliflower trimmed , cut into florets
- 2 Clove Garlic
- 1 Medium Potato peeled and rougly cubed
- 1 Medium sized Onion roughly chopped
- 1 Cup Milk Plant based milk
- 1 Cup Vegetable Stock
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Cream or Olive Oil
- Homemade croutons
- Add Potato, Cauliflower, Garlic, Onion, milk and Vegetable Stock to a large pot. Bring the mixture to boil.
- Simmer and cover with a lid and cook until vegetables are tender.
- Place a hand blender and puree the soup to a smooth consistency.
- Season with Salt & Pepper.
- If you find the soup too thick, add a splash of milk or vegetable stock. If you find it too thin, allow the soup to simmer a little longer until it's reduced and has the perfect consistency.
- Ladle the Soup into the bowls, garnish with drizzles of cream, olive oil and Thyme.
- Serve Immediately with homemade bread.