Tofu Pad Thai is flavoursome, healthy, loaded with vegetables and simply delicious.
Simply ditch your takeaway and make this Quick and delicious vegan easy tofu pad thai noodles recipe – perfect for weeknights!
VEGETABLE VEGAN PAD THAI RECIPE
I am absolutely smitten by Thai Cuisine off-late that ask me anytime, whats for dinner and I will tell you – How about some Vegan Vegetable Pad Thai Noodles!!
But when you actually step into the super clean kitchen and rummage the refrigerator, you come across some seasonal ingredients that scream out – Cook me Cook me.
Then the plan begins to alter altogether..even though I am firm with Pad Thai Noodles. Its funny isn’t it!! Sometimes I feel stubborn about cooking a recipe like a 5 year old kid who would be screaming hard and banging the floor.
I know !! But that’s the truth of a food blogger too.
When I started picking out Asparagus and Soya Beans from the refrigerator, my eyes caught on the packed of Firm Tofu. Even better!! Coz I knew where the source of protein is going to come from in my Pad Thai Noodles.
Our recent visit to Nipa Thai restaurant actually broadened my spectrum and ways to incorporate vegetables in Thai Cuisine.We were served with fried Bean Curd with Chilli sauce for an appetiser and it was amazing. For some reason, it has been on my mind and I have always wanted to incorporate them in my Thai Recipes. And this was a fabulous opportunity. Especially when you are actually inaugurating your brand new Staub’s Perfect Pan Wok !!
Yep!! I really love my Staub Cookware and every time I cook in them, the meal feels so special. Probably its combo of the love for the cookware and the favourite dish. This Perfect Pan Wok is an all star super star. Use them for stir frying, searing, sautéing, browning, steaming, and deep frying. Wide, angled sides facilitate stirring without spilling. – a plus when stir frying meats and vegetable. Thanks to cast iron construction, the vessel retains heat remarkably well to ensure uniform cooking.
We sometimes tend to go over-board with our favourite flavours that we want to be talking about it all the time. Pad Thai Noodles are just like that!! I have been playing with a different combo of vegetables and with teeny variations in the sauces to give me my perfect Pad Thai every time.
Did you check out my 25 Minutes Vegetarian Pad Thai Noodles Recipe last week? You will love it too.
- 300 g Pad Thai Noodles
- 1 Tbsp tamarind paste
- Juice of 1 Lime
- 1 Tsp Soy Sauce
- 1 Tsp Siracha Sauce
- 1/2 Tsp Sweet Chilli Sauce
- 1 Tsp Garlic paste or 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 Thai Red Chilli
- 2 Tsp Sesame Oil
- 1 Tsp Sunflower Oil
- 150 g Beansprouts
- 8- 10 Asparagus Trimmed and sliced half diagonally
- 250 g Tofu cubed
- 100 g Soy Beans
- 50 g roasted peanuts coarsely chopped
- 2 lime quartered
- Salt & Pepper as needed.
- Garnish with coriander leaves
- Heat Sunflower oil in a wok and fry cubes of Tofu until golden all over. Set it aside. This could take about 6 minutes.
- In a small bowl,mix tamarind paste, lime juice,soy sauce, siracha sauce, and 1Tbsp of water. If you are using Tamarind Sauce, you might not need water to mix.
- Cook the Soy Beans in Hot Water for 6 minutes. Drain it and set it aside.
- Heat sesame oil in the same wok and add the Asparagus and stir fry until tender. Add Garlic and Saute for a minute, check it doesn’t burn. Add finely sliced Thai red Chilli, Brussel Sprouts and saute for 3-4 minutes in high heat. Stir in Pad Thai Noodles, sauce, tofu, soy beans and salt as needed. Cook through on high heat for 2 minutes.
- Check for flavours and add salt & pepper as needed.
- Sprinkle some crushed peanuts, lime juice, and coriander leaves. Serve this Vegan Vegetarian Pad Thai Noodles with Tofu,Asparagus & Soy Beans hot.