Some recipes are meant to be keeper recipes for life !! This Vegetarian Christmas Pudding recipe is going to be one of them. Last one month has been cynical working on a set of photoshoots that I hardly got any dedicated time to develop any exclusive recipe for my blog.
During the shoot, I got an opportunity to photograph some exclusive Christmassy stuff that I had never imagined until then. One amongst them was this exclusive Vegetarian Christmas Pudding. This friend of mine has made two batches and I had to get her recipe, just how she made it. I did not get a chance to capture many, but I am glad about the little I could.. just for my blog.
[ align=”aligncenter” width=”700″]
On another note, one of my recipes – Honey Vanilla Cake made it to 16 Impressive Must try Christmas Recipes on BuzzFeed along with a few of my favourite bloggers. Don’t forget to check it out.
Here’s an exclusive Vegetarian Christmas Pudding Recipe from the expert.
- 50 g Plain flour
- 100 g Fine breadcrumbs
- 100 g Dark brown sugar
- 100 g Vegetable Suet
- 450 g Mixed fruit apricot, raisins, and cranberries
- 50 g Chopped sultanas
- 2 Tsp mixed spice
- Zest of one orange . alternatively you could use lemon zest.
- 2 Eggs
- 2 Tbsp golden syrup
- 2 Tbsp brandy
- 2-3 Tbsp milk
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together dry ingredients - Flour, bread crumbs, sugar ,nuts ,spice powder and orange zest.
- In order , stir in eggs, golden syrup, brandy and some milk and mix well to form a soft dough.
- Very gently grease a 1.5 litre pudding basin and spoon in the mixture, leaving atleast 1 cm enough space from the top. Cover the basin and securely line with latest 3 layers of greaseproof paper. and tie in place with a string.
- Fill the cooker with enough water. Place the pudding basin into the pressure cooker and steam for 2 hours. Alternatively pressure cook them for just 30 minutes. Turn of the gas and wait for the pressure to release.
- Remove the pudding from the cooker, turn it upside down . Cook it down and decorate as desired.