I have had a very lovely week … with my bday this tuesday… Got an awesome number of birthday wishes from my blogger friends.. , friends & family.. Thank u…. I cherish every single wish and a message I receive….
H organised a surprised bday party for the evening.. It was super cool and I thoroughly enjoyed it! Baked myself a Tiramasu Cake.. Didnt decorate it much … But believe it was yummy.. and all was gone. I had to request my friends to leave 2 pieces for my blog clicks.. Will share the pics on FB 🙂
NOw coming to this post.. my first entry to the Global Kadai : Flat Bread Event ! Pls rush your entries to this event… Another 6 days to go….Wake up … !! Send it right away :)My flatbread in the logo is indeed the Gobi paratha I will b sharing.
For Dough Preparation:
|Whole Wheat Flour||
|Water||Nearly 1 1/4 cup|
For the Stuffing / Filling :
|Grated Cauliflower||1 cup|
|Kasthuri Methi||1/4th Cup|
|Cumin Seeds||1/2 Tsp|
|Turmeric Powder||1 Tsp|
|Chilli Powder||1- 2 Tsp ( Individual spice differs)|
For the Dough:
- Combine all the ingredients & knead them into a soft dough using water. Make balls out of it and keep it aside.
- Clean and wash the cauliflower . Pat dry with a towel. Grate it on the large size grater and make it cup full.
- Wash and peel the onions .Chop them finely. Chop the coriander leaves finely too.
- Combine all the ingredients together and stuffing is ready to be rolled.
For Gobi Paratha :
- Roll out one portion of the dough into a small circle using the whole wheat flour for dusting. Using the back of a spoon , apply oil all around the spread dough. Place one ball of the gobi filling mixture in the centre of the circle. Seal tightly by bring sides together so that the mixture doesnt come out.
- Flatten these balls again with palm, dust with whole wheat flour and roll like any other paratha. Cook on a tava, using oil/ghee until both the sides are golden brown.Repeat the process with the rest of the dough portions.
- Serve hot with Yogurt or Mixed Pickle.