havent written much in last 2 months.. But definitely thr is a want for flow… huhu…..lets get started up Gal!!
Weekend was sooper fun enjoying the best of the bristish summer. Visited Durdledoor and stayed over nite at Bournemouth .. Enjoyed every bit of the sandy beach and water on Sunday morning…with a load full of hot English breakfast… Ate much more than I cud… Skipped Lunch.. and played in pool for hours with a drop in jacussi & sauna…. Finally a 2 hours train journey..back to London !!!
My parents , grandparents & in-laws loved it…. Had made them shortbread and chocolate chip cookies.. offcourse had to be eggless.. I could see them vanishing in minutes… and all my efforts were well appreciated !! Tat was a very special feeling to see them loving it!
|Plain Flour/ All purpose Flour/ Maida||1.5 Cups|
|Corn Flour||1/2 Cup|
|Unsalted Butter||1 Cup|
|Icing Sugar||1/2 Cup|
|Vanilla Extract||1 Tsp|
|Cling Film||For Rolling|
- Whisk the plain flour , corn flour & sugar together in a bowl and keep it aside.
- Beat the butter and vanilla extract until soft and creamy. Now slowly incorporate the butter mix into the flour and whisk until just incorporated.
- Gently flatten the dough and cover it in cling film and refrigerate for atleast 1-1.5 hours. Once the dough is firm remove it from the refrigerator and make cookies of desired shape.
- I have taken roughly 1″ balls and have gently flattened them using the back of a fork.
- Grease the baking sheet and arrange the cookies in line. Refrigerate for another 10-15 minutes before placing them into the oven. Make sure the cookies are a bit firm . Only then the shape will be retained.
- Preheat the oven to 175 C . Place the baking sheet in the oven and bake for 10-12 minutes or until it slightly turns brown. Allow them to cool down before serving for tea.
- This preparation roughly yields 22-24 cookies. These cookies stay fresh for roughly 3 weeks if kept in an airtight container.
Very uncomplicated and straight…. but we need to chill the dough until it gets a bit firm – Tats the key here. My last effort couple of months ago was partially a disaster.. Because the dough wasnt very firm , all the cookies lost shape when I baked.. and it became like a flat biscuit that I had to cut and serve. Must mention.. It did taste fab then tooo 🙂 My friends loved it.. They kept saying.. Who cares for the shape.. when its yummy ??