When Tomato Season is at bay, make these gorgeous Strawberry Gazpacho Soup at home in minutes.
Today’s Strawberry Gazpacho Soup only takes 15 minutes all together!! How easy can it get? When the temperature’s are soaring high, we love to indulge in cold food right from starter to dessert and this Cold Strawberry Soup is just the thing.
Well, you really don’t have to worry about making this yummilicious Strawberry Soup in other seasons too as you can very well make them with Frozen Strawberries instantly. When you make this soup with frozen strawberries, you don’t have to worry about chilling the soup at all..
Some of the recipes that you can make with Strawberries
We always tend to buy strawberries in plenty as they are great right from snacking to desserts. How do you like to enjoy them? My missy loves them for snack everyday to school and this gave me a reason to introduce this cold soup to them.. I really didn’t expect my little one to actually to tell me ” Mamma, I Love it !! ” How wonderful it feels when the tots come up to tell you about something so healthy :).
Strawberry Gazpacho is our recent favourite among soups this season after we sampled some Tomato Gazpacho at our friends house..
What is Gazpacho Soup?
Gazpacho Soup is typically a cold soup made by blending vegetables and enjoyed thoroughly in summer. This soup has originated from Spain and is also known as Poor man’ soup. Originally Gazpacho is made with Tomatoes, Cucumber, Peppers and stale bread..
Since Strawberries are available in plenty this season, I thought of giving the humble Cold Soup a fruity twist and make Strawberry Gazpacho Soup. We also have a recipe for Pear Soup, incase you need another fruity alternative.
This Soup has got everything that we love and can be made with easily available ingredients too.
INGREDIENTS FOR MAKING STRAWBERRY GAZPACHO SOUP
Herbs – Coriander, Mint
And above all, NO COOK & NO BAKE!!
MORE SOUP inspirations
IF YOU ENJOY MAKING ANY OF MY RECIPES, PLEASE DON’T FORGET TO TAG #SANDHYASKITCHEN ON INSTAGRAM OR TWITTER!
KEEP IN TOUCH AND DON’T MISS OUT ON ANY OF SANDHYA’S KITCHEN BY SUBSCRIBING BELOW.
Strawberry Gazpacho Soup Recipe BELOW
- 1 cup Strawberries hulled
- 1/2 Cup Vine Tomatoes chopped
- 1 Cup Cucumber preferably English cucumber, peeled
- 1/4 Cup Red Pepper
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Tsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/2-1 Cup of Water
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 10 Strawberries sliced
- Mint Leaves
- Wash the strawberries, hull and roughly chop them.
- Peel the cucumber and roughly chop them. Roughly chop the tomatoes and set them aside.
- Core the pepper and chop them roughly.
How to prepare Strawberry Gazpacho?
- In a blender add strawberries, vine tomatoes, cucumber, garlic cloves and red pepper and whizz them until smooth.
- Add Olive Oil, Balsamic Vinegar and 1/2 a cup of water to begin with and whizz again. If you find the consistency is a little too thick, add more water.
- If you find the soup is not rich enough, add another glug of oil.
- Season with salt and pepper and pour the prepared soup in a pourable container. Cover and chill again, until Strawberry Gazpacho soup is cold and you’re ready to serve.
- Hull the strawberries and chop them into pieces. Chop all vegetables into pieces.
- Garnish the prepared cold soup with strawberries and mint leaves.
- To Serve this Soup immediately, I have a tip for you. When you blend the ingredients, add ice cubes into your high speed blender instead of adding water. Also add a few frozen strawberries if you have any. This will ensure your Strawberry Gazpacho soup is chill enough to serve.