M y Love for Vegetable puff has been intense ever since a kid.. Every year we come to Bangalore for vacation, I would request my uncle to take us to the baker and buy me a Puff. After we grew up , we would hop in ourselves ,stealthily eat them at odd hours 🙂
After we moved to Uk , I used to drool thinking off a puff.. I was introduced to making at home by a distant cousin Vidya a few years ago.. I just loved it and decided it to make it at the next occasion after returning home.. Have made this classy puff a couple of times and offcourse filling is entirely our choice.. every time it would vary …
I had picked up the puff pastry sheets 2 weeks ago for a party starter.. but now since there is a slight change in plan , I decided to use it up for our evening snack.
Enjoy this lovely quickly snack and do let me know how it comes out.
|Puff Pastry Block||:1 Packet|
|Plain/ All Purpose Flour||:for dusting|
|Vegetables of choice||:1 cup (I have used Peas , Sweet corn , Carrots and french Beans)|
|Onions||:1 nos sliced length wise|
|Tomato||:1 nos chopped finely|
|Ginger- garlic paste||:1 Tsp|
|Garam Masala||:1 Tsp|
|Green chillies||:1 nos chopped finely|
|Cumin Seeds||:1/2 Tsp|
|Coriander leaves ( optional )||:I havent used in this preparation|
- Remove the puff pastry block from the refrigerator and follow the instructions from the packet.
- Chop the vegetables finely and cook them in microwave and keep it aside.
- In the mean while lets prepare the filling for the Puff . Heat 2 tsp of oil , add cumin seeds and allow it to splutter. Add Ginger Garlic Paste , chopped green chillies and saute for 1 min.
- Add sliced onions and a pinch of salt and saute for 2-3 minutes until they turn slightly brown.
- Add chopped tomato and cooked vegetables and saute them for 5 min. Sprinkle Garam masala & salt to taste and mix well.Keep the mixture aside .
- Spread the puff pastry sheet using a rolling pin . Use plain flour/all pupose flour for dusting. Cut it into desirable size. I have Cut them into 8″ by 8″ square . Placed 2 tablespoon full of mixture and sealed them by pressing the edges. Repeated this process for the rest of the mixture.
- Preheat the oven to 180C. Dust the baking tray with a bit of plain flour. Place the vegetable puffs in the tray and bake them until they turn golden brown or nearly for 30 minutes.
- Serve hot with Ketchup or just as it is.