Looking for a last-minute Halloween bark recipe? This monster bark is a super easy, simple, and fun treat for kids and all! It has layers of graham crackers, chocolate, and toppings.
About this easy Halloween Monster bark
We call this Halloween Monster bark because the colors were chosen to depict the Frankenstein Monster from the Hotel Transylvania.
This Monster chocolate bark is easy, fun, and a delicious way to use up the crackers, chocolates, and treats.
In no way, do you need to be precise or accurate with ingredients. Use what you have got in hand and most of all Have Fun!
Ingredients you will need for Monster Halloween Chocolate Bark
Graham crackers – I use Honey Maid graham crackers for the base. You can also use digestive biscuits, lotus biscuits, or even parle-g ones.
Candy melts – I chose to use Green and Purple candy melts to reflect the colors of Frankenstein for the spooky holiday. You can use any colors as per your theme. You can buy candy melts at your local Hobbycraft stores or from Amazon UK. If you don’t get candy melts, you can also use white chocolate and
Candy Toppings – I have used Sprinkles and Candy eyes. Other candy toppings that you can also use for the chocolate bark are skittles, pretzels, smarties, m&m, chocolate chips, nuts, seeds, candy corn, or gummy candies.
How to make these easy Halloween bark step by step
First line the graham crackers on the baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
Now spread the melted green candy melt using an offset spatula or a butter knife.
Then pour the second layer of purple candy melt at random. Spread it gently.
Next, sprinkle the toppings of your choice. I chose colorful sprinkles and candy eyes.
Allow the chocolate bark to completely cool, until set.
When the chocolate bark is set, cut them into pieces. Store the candy bark in an airtight container until ready to serve.
What type of chocolate can I use for Chocolate bark?
For this Halloween bark, I have used candy melts. You can use any white chocolate along with coloring powder or oil to have colored chocolates.
You can use any other chocolates too – dark, semi-sweet, or milk too.
Love easy Halloween recipes
Easy Halloween Chocolate Bark recipe below
- 12 Graham crackers
- 170 g Green candy melts 1 cup
- 85 g Purple candy melts 1/2 cup
- 20 candy eyes
- 2 Tsp sprinkles
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Arrange the graham crackers.
- Place the Green candy melt in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave for 30 seconds, stir.Repeat every 20 seconds interval, until the candy has 75-80% melted. Remove from the microwave. Stir well, so that the candy will have a sheen. Pour the melted candy on the graham crackers and spread to about 8-10 mm thickness.
- Melt the Purple candy melt in a similar way. As they are a smaller portion, they will melt quicker. Pour dollops of the purple candy on the green layer, distributing them evenly. Then drag a tail using a tooth pick.
- Add sprinkles and candy eyes.
- Allow the chocolate bark to cool completely, nearly firm.
- To serve just break off pieces.