Transform your leftover Pav Bhaji into a cozy comfort meal with this delicious Pav Bhaji Pot Pie recipe. Filled with flavourful veggies and a buttery crust, this Mumbai-inspired fusion dish combines the best of both worlds in a comforting and innovative way.
- Leftover Pav Bhaji – This is the star of the dish! Pav Bhaji is a popular Indian street food that consists of a spicy vegetable curry served with a soft bread roll (pav). You can use leftover Pav Bhaji for this pot pie recipe, which is a great way to repurpose the dish and enjoy it in a new way. If you don’t have leftover Pav Bhaji, you can make it fresh for this recipe using my Mumbai Pav Bhaji recipe or Instant Pot pav bhaji recipe.
- Puff Pastry Sheet – Puff pastry is a flaky, buttery pastry that is perfect for making pot pies. You can find puff pastry sheets in the freezer section of most grocery stores.
- Toppings – To add extra flavour and freshness to your pot pie, you can top it with finely chopped onion, a dollop of butter, fresh coriander leaves, and a squeeze of lemon juice. These toppings are optional but highly recommended. They add a nice balance of flavours and textures to the dish.
My simple Pav Bhaji Pot pie step by step
Just like many of my recipes, this pot pie is super simple and easy.
To make my easy Pav Bhaji Pot Pie, start by unrolling the puff pastry sheet and cutting it into discs slightly larger than the casserole dish.
Next, butter the inside of the casserole and fill it with Pav Bhaji up to three-quarters full.
Place the puff pastry sheet over the top and seal the edges.
Finally, bake the pot pie in the oven or air fryer until the sheet is golden brown.
Serving Suggestions for Pav Bhaji Pot pie:
- Serve hot with a side of ladi pav or garlic bread or plain buttered toast.
- Garnish with chopped onions, fresh coriander leaves and a squeeze of lemon for some added freshness.
- Enjoy with a cup of hot masala chai for the perfect evening snack.
- Serve as an appetiser before the main meal.
If you love this recipe, you will also love
Easy Pav Bhaji pot pie recipe below
- Puff Pastry Sheet thawed ( as per instructions )
- 4 Portions of Pav Bhaji
- 4 tbsp Onions finely chopped
- 2 tsp fresh coriander leaves finely chopped
- 2 tbsp salted butter
- 4 lemon wedges
- Heat the oven to 200 C.
- Unroll the puff pastry sheet and make 4 disks to the size larger than the cast iron pan.
- Lightly oil/butter the cast iron casserole dishes on the inner side and fill it with pav bhaji mixture to 3/4. Place the puff pastry disk on top of it and seal the edges lightly. Repeat the process for the other 3 cast iron pans.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20 – 25 min until the pastry is golden brown. Allow them to cool down for 5 minutes before garnish.
- Garnish with chopped onions, coriander leaves and butter cubes. Serve hot along with lemon wedges.