Crayon Promise V !! is all I told him… Don’t you laugh reading crayon promise.. I have been trying to teach lil V to keep up ones words… That’s how.. the crayon promise took form . Like a Good Mummy , I decided to make one straight away… and I knew I have a recipe that is already posted in my space before – Pound Cake. Made healthy substitutions to suit the available ingredients in my store.
|Plain Flour||1 1/3 cups|
|Baking powder||3/4th Tsp.|
|Caster Sugar||1/2 Cup|
|Sunflower Oil||3/4th Cup|
|Vanilla Extract||1 Tsp.|
|Low Fat Condensed Milk||1/2 Cup|
|Large Eggs||2 No’s|
|Low Fat Yogurt||1/4th Cup|
|Icing Sugar||2/3 Cup|
|Lemon Juice||2 Tblspn|
- Preheat the fan assisted oven 180C. Lightly oil a large bundt tin and 2 min bundt tins set aside.
- Sift together dry ingredients –Flour , Baking Powder and Sugar .
- In a medium sized bowl ,add in oil ,vanilla extract , yogurt and give it a good whisk.
- Now incorporate one egg at a time and blend well again. Add all the condensed milk at a stretch and pulse the hand blender few times.
- Add the sifted dry ingredients and pulse until no traces of flour remain, about 10 times. Make sure the dry ingredients are incorporated well and a smooth batter is obtained.
- Transfer the batter to the prepared loaf pan. Bake until the top is dark golden brown and a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean, about 40-45 mins. In case it does not come out clean , bake for some more time.
- Cool on a wire rack for a few minutes and then unmould.
- Prepare a lemon glaze by mixing icing sugar and lemon juice together. Make sure to mix well without any lumps. Pipe all the mixture into a zip lock bag and hold it tight .
- Snip off the edge to make a little hole . Pipe even lines over the cake and let it sit aside to set.
- Cut and serve with Tea.