Y ellow is the color !! Spring is in …Flowers are blooming , minds are getting fresher , enthusiasm is gearing up .. so what is the wait for…. Let the doors open… Get springy in season and self
A fresh mango was sitting in a corner of my fruit basket.. for the last 1 week.. Before it went any stale.., H placed it at the edge of the kitchen counter… This was an indication tat I better not forget it… Errr… was the first expression came from within… Then a big smile… saying “What are u waiting for ? “ Lets get baking… To my coincidence , I had a can of sliced mango also nearly lost in my pantry cabinet… This was the chance to get both to action and clear my stock too…. Eggless Mango Cake it is !
I did have eggs stored , no dearth of dairy products too… But dunno why… Just could not accept the fact of bringing Mango and eggs together for my cake…. So wot did I use ??? Ener – G , the egg replacer .. Thanking my brother who brought them for me couple of months back…
EGGLESS MANGO CAKE
|Plain Flour||11/2 Cups|
|Granulated Sugar||3/4th Cup|
|Sunflower Oil||1/4th Cup|
|Mango Puree||11/2 Cup|
|Ener – G||1.5 Tsp|
|Semi Skimmed Milk||1/4 th Cup|
|Vanilla Extract||1 Tsp|
|Baking Powder||2 Tsp|
Icing Sugar for Dusting
Pieces of Mango
Broken pieces of walnuts
- Wash the mango and scoop out the pulp from the mango from the spoon . This mango was kind of a big one ..Wouldnt say of the sweet varieties I have had… but definitely categorise to the mango clan 🙂
- Puree the mango using ur handblender or mixer.. make it up 11/4th cup + . I have used parts of canned mango for the puree tooo and saved few pieces of fresh mango for the topping!!
- Finally they made it up to 11/2 Cup. Alternatively you can use Mango puree.. Beat in the sugar into puree until the right sweetness is obtained. Since the mango puree wasnt very sweet , I have used 3/4th cup . The cake was mild in sweetness. If the puree is sweet enof , reduce the sugar accordingly. Beat in the vanilla extract and the oil .
- Onto another clean mixing bowl , bring together plain flour & baking powder .
- Prepare the Ener- G mix , our egg replacer by bringing together : 1.5 Tsp and 2 Tblspn of water. Mix them well. Alternatively you could use 1/4th cup of yogurt or 1/4th cup of silken tofu beaten smooth.
- Egg lovers can use 1 Egg if you are not keen on getting eggless.
- Gradually add the mango puree mixture onto the flour mix and give it a good whisk in between additions. Add the whole puree in 3 batches. Now lets incorporate Ener-g mix with a good stir too.The batter was seemed quite thick , I have included 1/4 th cup of milk to give it a good consistency.Final good whizz and we are all set to pour the batter in the cake pan.
- Preheat the oven to 180 C . Grease a 8″ cake pan and now pour the batter .Give the pan a good shake by gently tapping it on the counter. This enables the batter to be spread evenly.
- Fingers crossed and I placed the cake pan into the oven. 30 min Up and the suface was slightly brown. Put through a skewer to check and we were all done !!! Voila…
- Unlike most times , I kept myself patient and allowed the cake to cool in the pan itself after bringing them out in the oven. Got my limelight settings ready in the mean while and clicked pics of this yummilicious tea cake& everything that was surrounding.. My lil one seemed to be soo much co-ordinated with the color that I couldnt resist clicking.
- For decorations , I have dusted some icing sugar . Topped it with mango pieces and walnut bites . Serve the mango pieces on them only when ready to eat .This could make the cake soggy otherwise.
- Enzoy this lovely cake and do join me in welcoming our much awaited spring!!!!