This Air fryer stuffed mini peppers recipe is the perfect appetiser for any occasion! Bite-sized peppers are filled with a delicious mixture of pasta sauce, cream cheese, and mozzarella, then air fried to perfection. The flavours of pizza burst from the inside of the peppers, creating a mouthwatering experience that’s sure to please.
About this homemade stuffed peppers recipe
This homemade stuffed peppers recipe in the air fryer is a breeze to make, just like my naan bread pizza and air fryer bread pizza. All you have to do is slice the peppers, stuff them with filling, and air fry until the cheese has melted. It’s a cheesy delight that everyone will be reaching for, making it perfect for pleasing a crowd.
What’s even better is that these stuffed peppers are healthier than pizza, while still delivering all the flavour. And the best part? The recipe is lightning quick! With only 8 minutes of prep time and about 5-7 minutes of air frying time, you’ll be serving up deliciousness in no time.
Kids love this recipe too, so it’s great for getting them involved in the kitchen. So, what are you waiting for? Give these stuffed mini peppers a try and see for yourself why they’re so popular!
You will need the following Ingredients
Mini peppers: Colourful mini peppers work best for this recipe. They are smaller than bell peppers, making them perfect for bite-sized appetisers.
Pasta sauce: Store-bought pasta sauce is convenient and already seasoned, so there’s no need to add any extra spices. If you still prefer, add a sprinkle of Italian seasoning. Choose your favourite flavour, such as Arrabbiata, Tomato and Basil, or Pesto sauce, to customise the recipe to your liking.
Cream cheese: Philadelphia brand cream cheese is used in this recipe, but you can substitute with any supermarket brand of cream cheese that you prefer.
Cheese: Mozzarella cheese is a classic choice for this recipe, but you can also mix it up by using a combination of mozzarella and cheddar cheese, or just red Leicester cheese. Use whatever cheese you have on hand in your fridge.
Olive oil: Brushing the edges of the peppers with olive oil helps them crisp up and adds a nice flavour to the dish.
Herbs: Fresh basil or chives are great for garnishing the stuffed mini peppers. They add a pop of colour and freshness to the dish.
Salt and pepper: Season the stuffed mini peppers with salt and pepper to taste before serving.
My super easy Air fryer stuffed mini peppers with cream cheese recipe
To prepare Air fryer stuffed peppers, start by slicing the mini peppers in half and removing the seeds. Next, stuff them with a delicious blend of pasta sauce, cream cheese, and shredded cheese.
Brush the edges of the peppers with some olive oil to get that perfect crispy texture, and then air fry them for 5-7 minutes until they turn golden brown.
To finish off the dish, add some fresh herbs such as basil or chives, and sprinkle some salt and pepper for a burst of flavour.
What to serve Air fryer Stuffed mini peppers with?
Serve the Stuffed mini peppers on their own as a perfect snack or pair them with a variety of dips, sauces, or toppings. Opt for a healthier option by serving them with a side of guacamole, salsa, or hummus. Alternatively, pair them with sour cream or ranch dressing for a creamier dip.
These delicious Stuffed mini peppers make a perfect appetiser that pairs well with a variety of dishes, such as a salad, pasta, or Mexican rice. They are a fantastic addition to any party, game day, barbecue menu or for festive occasions like Christmas and Thanksgiving table too.
Storing leftover mini peppers stuffed with cream cheese
To store leftover stuffed mini peppers, allow them to cool completely to room temperature. Once cooled, place them in an airtight container and store them in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days.
When ready to eat, reheat them in the air fryer until they are heated through.
Note: The texture might be slightly different to when it is freshly made.
How can I make ahead these stuffed peppers?
To make stuffed peppers ahead of time, all you need to do is stuff the peppers with the filling and cover them with cling film. Place them in the refrigerator until you are ready to enjoy them. When it’s time to serve, air fry the stuffed peppers to make them crispy and hot. This is a great time-saving option for parties, game days, or any occasion when you want to serve delicious cheesy snacks without the hassle of last-minute preparations.
Why you’ll love this recipe?
- Quick and easy to make: This recipe can be whipped up in just 15 minutes from scratch, making it perfect for busy weeknights or last-minute entertaining.
- Faster than oven cooking: Unlike oven cooking, which can take longer, these stuffed peppers only take about 5-7 minutes to cook in the air fryer, making them a speedy option.
- Delicious and versatile appetiser: These stuffed mini peppers make a great appetiser for any occasion, whether it’s a birthday party, game day snack, or backyard barbecue. Plus, you can fill them with whatever you like, whether it’s pasta sauce, pizza sauce, marinara sauce, or even chutney.
- Vegetarian and dietary-friendly: This recipe is a great option for vegetarians and anyone looking for a meat-free appetiser.
If you love this recipe, you will also love
Easy peasy Stuffed mini peppers recipe below
- 14 mini peppers
- 14 tsp pasta sauce
- 180 g cream cheese softened at room temperature
- 100 g mozzarella cheese
- 2 tsp olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- basil leaves
- First slice the peppers in half and remove the seeds using a knife.
- Then, stuff each pepper with a mixture of pasta sauce, softened cream cheese, and shredded mozzarella cheese. Brush with olive oil.
- Preheat the air fryer to 360F (180C) for 3-4 minutes.
- Next, place the stuffed peppers in the air fryer basket and air fry the peppers for 5-7 minutes, or until the cheese is melted, bubbly and a bit crispy.
- Transfer them to a serving dish and season with salt and pepper to taste. Garnish with some fresh basil leaves for fresh flavours.