This super easy Instant Pot Brownies made from scratch are totally addictive. Rich and moist with a perfect balance in texture. Serve them along with some strawberries and ice cream for the perfect dessert in no time!
Learn how to make these deliciously rich brownies made in Instant Pot step by step along with a video tutorial below.
This Instant Pot Brownie is the recipe that I have been wanting to share with you. I have made them so many times in my pressure cooker, but I have absolutely no idea what took me so long to share it with you. But I am so so happy now, this is hands down one of the best Instant Pot brownie recipe – a firm family favourite now.
This recipe is SUPER SIMPLE AND EASY! Its got a the perfect balance between a fudge and cake in texture. There are many factors that decides the texture of the Brownies. A little less flour lends the fudge texture whilst a little more adds a cake like texture. Irrespective of all this – This pressure cooker brownie is deliciousness overloaded.
If you guys enjoy Instant Pot recipes, don’t forget to check out my collection of INSTANT POT VEGETARIAN / VEGAN RECIPES ON MY BLOG. There is a fantastic selection of recipes from soups, appetisers, main course and desserts.
WATCH A QUICK VIDEO ON HOW TO MAKE INSTANT POT BROWNIES FROM SCRATCH
Now that Christmas is just around the corner,
YOU WILL LOVE THESE RECIPES
WHY MAKE BROWNIES IN INSTANT POT?
I know, we can make brownies in the oven and it is a lot quicker. But I love making Brownies in Instant Pot many a times, because we love the moist, rich and dense brownie that are steamed. This is achieved only in the Instant Pot.
But you know what, these easy Instant Pot Brownies are
great for uni students who don’t have access to an oven
a perfect way to enjoy a delicious dessert when you are travelling with your family on a holiday
just ideal too when your oven is loaded with savoury bakes and you have no space to make a brownie instantly.
for all of us when we really don’t want to access the oven in Hot weather. Do you agree like me?
If you are Brownie fan like us, you have to try this recipe for Instant Pot Brownies.
We really love how they are loaded with chocolate!! Totally delicious and decadent when served with a scoop of ice cream and strawberries.
My kiddos love this Instant Pot brownie with lots of squirty vanilla cream.
THIS INSTANT POT BROWNIE RECIPE IS
- Easy to prepare & comes together in minutes
- a great option when you want feed a crowd in a jiffy
- requires no monitoring during the cooking time. Set the timer and you can be off to do other chores
- ideal when you you don’t own an oven!
- totally AMAZING, above all 🙂
Before we get started with this recipe for Brownies, I would like to share with you
SOME OF THE KEY TIPS TO REMEMBER
Always start with room temperature ingredients like softened butter, eggs etc. This step is essential so that the ingredients come together really well.
Cooking Time Suggested works perfectly for me. If you find it under cooked, add another 10 minutes cooking time.
PUSH PAN – I have used a 7″ Push Pan for this recipe.PushPans are the only loose-based cake tins that we have ever come across that are completely watertight and leakproof, thanks to the silicone seal around the rim of the base.
TRIVET – I have used the trivet that came along with the Instant Pot and it worked perfectly fine for me.
To begin preparing these chocolatey brownies in the Instant Pot, let’s gather the ingredients for the BEST BROWNIES. Most of the ingredients, in-fact all of them are easily available in our pantry.
INSTANT POT BROWNIES MADE FROM SCRATCH
INSTANTPOT BROWNIES INGREDIENTS
Softened Unsalted butter – Ensure the butter is softened well. Even if it is slighted less softened, the butter tends to clump to the mixer. You can used melted butter too.
Caster Sugar or Granulated sugar – Either of them works. I have used granulated sugar for this recipe. Brown sugar might also work but it might impact on the texture.
Eggs – Cold or room temperature? – I prefer to use room temperature eggs. But a lot of people prefer cold eggs.
Dutch process Cocoa powder is unsweetened cocoa that has been treated with an alkali to make it pH neutral. This does give a darker color, less acidic flavor.
Flour – Call it Plain Flour in UK or All Purpose Flour in US or Maida in India – They all work well in this recipe
Chocolate Chips – We absolutely love semi chocolate chips that are available in a large bag in Costco. Milk Chocolate also tastes lovely if you are fan of them.
HOW TO MAKE BROWNIES IN INSTANT POT STEP STEP
To a large mixing bowl add softened butter.
Pulse the butter a couple of times to get smooth using the hand mixer.
Add sugar and mix again until fluffy and completely incorporated.
Add eggs and blend again. It’s time to add vanilla extract.
Now, add the dry ingredients once by one – cocoa powder, flour, baking powder and salt. Blend with the hand mixer.
Stir in chocolate chips.
Prepare a Push Pan by greasing the pan with oil all over. Pour the batter into the pan and spread it. Cover the pan with brownie batter with an aluminium foil. This process is quite vital.
Pour water into the Instant Pot or any other pressure cooker & place the trivet inside.
Place the prepared brownie pan inside the Instant Pot.
Secure the lid and turn the vent to sealing. Pressure Cook on HIGH for 40 minutes.Once the cook time is completed, Quick Pressure Release after 10 minutes.
Remove the brownie pan from the Instant Pot and allow them cool down for 5 minutes or so before removing from the pan.
To remove the Brownie from the pan, simply place a can of tomatoes on a flat surface. Place the Brownie Push Pan on top of it. Slide the outer pan down.
Slice the Brownies and serve warm with strawberries or ice cream or vanilla cream.
HAVE YOU MAKE THIS BROWNIE RECIPE IN THE INSTANT POT?
Be sure to leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating! Post a photo on my Facebook page, share it on Instagram, or save it to Pinterest with the tag #sandhyaskitchen. I would love to see your take on these easy brownie.
INSTANT POT BROWNIES RECIPE
- 3/4 cup Unsalted butter, softened 170g
- 1 cup Sugar 200g
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 cup Cocoa powder 50g
- 3/4 cup Semi chocolate chips 130g
- 3/4 cup All Purpose Flour or Plain Flour 96g
- 1/2 tsp Baking powder
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- To a large mixing bowl add softened butter. Pulse the butter a couple of times to get smooth using the hand mixer.
- Add sugar and mix again until fluffy and completely incorporated.
- Add eggs and blend again. It's time to add vanilla extract.
- Now, add the dry ingredients once by one - cocoa powder, flour, baking powder and salt. Blend with the hand mixer.
- Prepare a Push Pan by greasing the pan with oil all over.
- Pour the batter into the pan and spread it.
- Cover the pan with brownie batter with an aluminium foil. This process is quite vital.
- Pour water into the Instant Pot or any other pressure cooker & place the trivet inside.
- Place the prepared brownie pan inside the Instant Pot.
- Secure the lid and turn the vent to sealing. Pressure Cook on HIGH for 40 minutes.
- Once the cook time is completed, Quick Pressure Release after 10 minutes.
- Remove the brownie pan from the Instant Pot and allow them cool down for 5 minutes or so before removing from the pan.
- To remove the Brownie from the pan, simply place a can of tomatoes on a flat surface. Place the Brownie Push Pan on top of it. Slide the outer pan down.
- Slice the Brownies and serve warm with strawberries or ice cream.