Mango Sorbet

Pin on Pinterest15kShare on Facebook0Share on Google+24Tweet about this on Twitter0Share on StumbleUpon54Share on Yummly45Share on Tumblr1

Mango Sorbet

Mango Sorbet is a luscious seasonal Frozen Dessert that can satisfy your craving in a Grueling Hot Weather. They make a great alternative to Ice creams and perfect for anyone with lactose intolerance.Good news is Its V-E-G-A-N !!

Mango Sorbet

Call it a perfect alternative to Ice cream or Ice cream’s poor cousin or a  Healthy Summer Dessert, I find the luscious fruity treat a good substitute for Ice cream.  Sorbets are French Frozen Dessert made with Fruit Puree along with a right portion of Sweetener. It took me just  about 5 minutes to put together and freeze them for the next few hours. Enjoy your seasonal dessert for dinner.  Believe me or not!! This is exactly what I did and the kiddos just loved the Mango Icecream.  Sorbet. The little one could not make out any difference, instead, she fell in love with them.

Mango Sorbet

I really love it when the ice creams/sorbets are full scooped rather than partially broken scoops.  The trigger scoop did exactly what I wanted!! Rather should I say the scooper did justice to the Sorbets?

OXO’s Trigger Scoop makes large round scoops of Sorbets/ Icecreams and deposits them with a simple press of the lever. A tab on the Ice Cream Scoop keeps your hand from sliding up as you scoop, and the soft, non-slip handle relieves pressure on your hand.Mango Sorbet

Folks who follow my blog do know how much I love OXO Good grips products. If you would like to know more – Click on the individual links to read further –  Mandoline Slicer, Lily Pepper & Salt Mills, OXO Green Saver Produce Keepers & Squeeze & Pour .

Along with an Icecream Trigger Scoop, the lovely folks at OXO sent me a Salad Spinner and Salad Tongs. The non-slip base keeps the bowl steady on the countertop and the built-in brake button stops the Salad Spinner for unloading. The basket doubles as a colander, and the lid comes apart for easy cleaning.

Mango Sorbet

Mango Sorbet

Prep Time: 5 Minutes | Freezing Time: 4 Hours+  Serves 8

Mango Sorbet

Ingredients
3 Cups Mango Puree
1/2 Cup Maple Syrup
1/2 Cup Coconut Milk
1 Tsp Vanilla Essence
Juice of 1/2 a Lime

Place all the ingredients in a blender and blitz until well combined. Transfer them to a Metal tin or a plastic box and freeze them for at least 4 hours or overnight. If the sorbet is really firm, let the sorbet sit outside for 15 minutes or so before you could scoop them into the bowls.  Scoop them with an OXO Icecream Scooper and serve immediately. Garnish with mint and enjoy your Mango Sorbet Guilt free.

Notes:

You may make them with fresh mangoes. Ensure after you puree them you can yield approximately 3 Cups. I have made them with store bought Mango Puree.

Freelancer Food Photographer, Recipe Developer & Food Stylist

Comments (25)

• refreshing recipe for the summer now

• Ohh they look so pretty…the contrast of the board and the sorbet is just perfect…..Wish I could just grab it off the screen

• Sorbet are as good as ice cream even among my kids and they don’t make out the difference. Oh I need to practice to get full scoops, I hate broken scoops and can never get a full decent scoop. Looks like your oxo scoop did the magic here 😉

• Beautiful!

• Love everything about this post from the sorbet to the props to the clicks!

• What a gorgeous looking recipe – so refreshing and perfect for a hot day, fantastic that it is vegan as well! Your photographs are just beautiful.

• Wow this recipe looks so beautiful! I love your photos. This sorbet looks so bright and fresh…and mango just happens to be one of my favorite fruits! Thanks so much for sharing.

• Gorgeous… Sorbet looks just yummy and a wonderful presentation of the sorbet…

• I’m definitely saving this to try! My son has a lot of food allergies that makes ice cream not work, but he could definitely eat this!

• What a stunning recipe – such beautiful pictures that I just want to reach out and take a bit of sweet, mangoey cold yumminess 🙂

• What a beautiful looking sorbet. The colour is stunning. It sounds so delicious and perfect for hot summer days.

• love everything about this post.. yummy recipe and awesome presentation:)

• The scoops do look perfect and mango is the perfect summer fruit. This looks great Sandhya!

• thanks Shumaila. The scooper makes the perfect scoops.. its makes it more appetising.

• Hello Sandhya,

You have to pardon this half dazed multitasking juggling mum she makes such wink visits to your blog. But I remember that I need to.So here I am. I just loved the photographs for this ice cream. Though my style is sombre oozing melancholy but i love these kind of shots to appreciate. Also, a heartiest congratulations for the glorious years of steadfast blogging. Inspiring and very encouraging for a 1.5 year old. 🙂

Xoxo,
    Roy

• Thanks Pallavi. I know how much u r multitasking !!!! Love ur spirit.. no matter how often or seldom u visit.

• I’ve got the exact same trigger scoop and we use it all the time. I even use it to scoop cupcake dough into cupcake cases (perfect amount every time!). Oxo Good Grips is my favourite range of utensils. Never disappointed! That sorbet looks scrummy! Must come back for te recipe with the kids. Dreamy photos!

• Those trigger scoops are magical. I am just in love with them. Next time I will use them for cupcake dough ( using ur tip) .. Oh u must.. you will love it. Thanks lovely.

• Just happened to stumble across mango sorbet recipes and your caught my eye! Presentation is simply stunning , I have a ton of fresh frozen mangos my aunt sent over so I am definitely going to make this! I am a real sucker when it comes to ice creams so this is just right up my alley!
    Thanks for posting

• […] Mango Sorbet – If you’re looking for a cold treat on a hot summer night then this might be what you’re looking for. Actually, I might need to make this this weekend. […]

• For those who ask, these cups are ceramics from Deruta, a small town in Umbria, Italy.
    The animal depicted is a griffin that is the coat of arms of the city.
    Beautiful recipe, I hope I can try it soon!
    Baci dall’ Italia xoxo

• Those tea cups + saucers are to die for!! Where can you find them?

Write a comment