Have you tried the latest Viral Tik Tok trendy Air fryer Pasta Chips? Cooked Pasta is tossed in seasoning and air-fried to perfection – making the most delicious appetizer recipe. This easy crispy pasta snack is made with only cupboard staple ingredients and is ready in minutes. Quick, Easy and so delicious!
If you love pasta, you will also love these addictive healthy Vegan Pasta Chips too!
About this Easy Crispy Pasta Chips recipe
I have tried fried bow tie pasta chips and these are super duper delicious and indulgent. However, I am not a huge fan of deep frying and always resort to air frying or oven baking everything! For those of you following my air frying journey will know, how much I love air frying anything and everything – especially because they make dishes so crispy without too much oil.
Why you’ll love this recipe?
- Quick and Easy – This recipe requires absolutely no planning. Boil the pasta and season with spices of your choice and air fry!
- Use leftover Pasta – Thinking about what to make with leftover boiled pasta, then these pasta chips are just for you.
- Easy appetizer – Such an easy treat for kids and adults. Just too tempting to resist!
- Crowd Pleaser – Perfect for Game Day, BBQ Parties, Pot luck parties, and birthday parties
- Budget-friendly treat – This vegan pasta chips only need staple cupboard pantry ingredients and nothing from the refrigerator.
- Kids-friendly recipe – Go crazy with any pasta shape and kids are sure to love it.
- Healthier than potato fries as they are air-fried / oven-baked.
Ingredients You’ll need
Pasta – Any shape of pasta will work for the recipe like Rigatoni, Fusilli, Penne, Bow Tie
Olive Oil – This recipe uses Olive oil. You can use any neutral flavor oil too.
Nutritional Yeast adds a cheesy nutty flavor to the pasta chips
Seasoning – I have used a mixture of Italian Seasoning, Garlic Powder, Salt and Ground Black Pepper
How to make Pasta Chips in Air fryer
- Cook the pasta al dente as per package instructions.
- Drain the pasta and toss with olive oil, nutritional yeast, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- Transfer the pasta to the Air fryer basket and air fry at 400F for 8-10 minutes. Shake the basket a couple of times.
- Serve with your favorite dip.
Tips to make easy peasy pasta chips in the air fryer
Season the pasta generously because the pasta absorbs the flavors, as they cook
Cooking time can vary depending upon the shape of the pasta. Fusili pasta takes about 8 -9 minutes, while Penne pasta takes about 10.
Although they taste best, when it’s fresh, they can be served even the next day.
Keep an eye on them – Pasta Chips can brown too quickly, so don’t forget to shake the air fryer basket.
Serve the pasta chips with a vegan burger sauce, boom boom sauce, marinara dipping sauce, alfredo dipping sauce, or a cheesy dipping sauce.
Can you make Pasta Chips ahead of time?
These Pasta Chips are best enjoyed as soon as they are made, however, they do keep well up to 5 days. So enjoy them anytime till then.
How to store leftover pasta chips?
Store the leftover pasta chips in an airtight container at room temperature. The Chips will keep well for up to 5 days.
How to make pasta chips without an air fryer?
Toss the boiled pasta in the seasoning mixture and arrange in a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake at 400F /200C for 20 -25 minutes until crunchy. This time can vary depending upon the shape and size of the pasta.
Can I make gluten free pasta chips?
Use any gluten-free pasta and season to your liking. Air fry at 400 F for 8-12 minutes.
Pasta Chips Seasoning ideas
Chaat Pasta Chips – Toss the Pasta with 1 Tbps olive oil, 1 1/2 tsp chaat masala, 1/2 tsp cumin powder, and 1/2 tsp salt.
Dorito flavor pasta Chips – Toss the pasta with 1 Tbsp Olive Oil, 1 Tbsp Nutritional Yeast, 1/2 Tsp cumin Powder, 1 tsp Smoked Paprika, 1/2 Tsp Garlic Powder, salt, and pepper
Masala Pasta Chips – Toss the Pasta with 1 Tsp Olive Oil, 1/2 Tsp Turmeric, 1/2 Tsp Chilli Powder, 1/2 tsp Cumin Powder, 1/2 tsp Coriander Powder, 1 tsp Garam masala, Salt and Pepper
Cajun Seasoning pasta chips – 1 Tsp Olive Oil, 1 Tsp Cajun Seasoning, Salt and pepper
IF YOU LOVE THIS RECIPE, YOU WILL ALSO LOVE THESE AIRFRYER RECIPES
HAVE YOU MADE THIS RECIPE?
Be sure to leave a comment and/or give this recipe a ★ rating!
Quick and Easy Air fryer Pasta Chips recipe below
- 200 g Fussili Pasta 7 ounces
- 1 Tbsp Olive oil
- 1 Tbsp Nutritional Yeast
- 1 Tsp Italian Seasoning
- 1/2 Tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Ground Black Pepper
- Salt to taste
- Cook the Pasta aldente according to packet instructions.
- Drain the pasta and toss with the seasoning mixture – olive oil, nutritional yeast, garlic powder, salt and pepper.Toss a couple of times until well coated.
- Transfer the pasta to the air fryer.
- Air fry at 400 F/ 200 C for 8-10 minutes. Shake the basket a couple of times, tossing the chips.
- Serve crisp pasta chips with a dipping sauce.