On the Hunt for the best ever Mexican roasted Sweet Potato cubes? Try this easy satisfying side dish recipe in your Air fryer today.
With a Salty Caramelised exterior and a Soft Sweet interior, Air fryer Mexican roast Sweet potatoes make a healthy alternative to deep-fried fries or chips. They are delicious with almost EVERYTHING – so add them to your salads, buddha bowl, wraps, tacos, fajita’s or devour as a healthy snack.
Don’t have an Air fryer, you can make it in the oven too! ( Instructions included )
Why make this recipe?
Quick & Easy – Crispy-roasted sweet potatoes are quick and easy to make. And they are super tasty too with the Mexican flavors. They take less than 20 minutes in total and need only fewer ingredients which can be easily spotted in every kitchen. You can give a treat to your taste bud without any hard labor, as you have to just peel off the sweet potato skin and dice them.
Dietary – This side dish is VEGAN, Low Cal, Low FAT, Gluten-free, and high on nutrients.
Delicious Flavor and Texture – With an inside creamy sweet layer insulated by the crispy salty outer layer, roasted sweet potato have the perfect blend of flavors.
Better than Boiled – Savory roasted potatoes taste fantastic than boiled sweet potatoes. Why not jazz up the bland sweet potatoes with your favorite seasoning? Add garlic, smoked paprika, cumin, salt, pepper, and drizzle some olive oil. Air fry or Oven Bake and your crispy sweet potatoes are ready!
Faster than making in the Oven!
Adaptable – You can choose the spice mix of your choice or go simple to make this recipe.
Nutrition – Sweet potatoes are nutrient-dense and are rich in fiber, calcium, and Vitamin A. It is way better to eat air fryer-roasted sweet potatoes than deep-fried ones anytime!
TIPS TO MAKE PERFECT ROASTED SWEET POTATO CUBES
Select the perfect Sweet Potatoes – Sweet potatoes need to be firm, heavy, and not mushy. Any type of sweet potatoes will work! However pick potatoes without bruises and in similar sizes, so they’re easy to slice, dice, and cook.
Always store your sweet potatoes in cool dark and well ventilated place.
Season well – Be generous in flavouring the sweet potatoes. They are a blank canvas and absorb the seasoning really well.
Do not Overcrowd – Like all roast vegetables, sweet potatoes need a bit of breathing space. Otherwise, they do not turn golden and crisp on the edges.
Roast at High Temperature
Roast until Caramelized – Don’t be lean in roasting the sweet potatoes a tad extra. As they are naturally sweet, potatoes tend to caramelize well on the edges.
No Need to Boil – Yes, Sweet potatoes roast well in the air fryer, so you can leave out the step for boiling the potatoes.
HOW TO MAKE AIR FRYER MEXICAN SWEET POTATO CUBES?
You only need a handful of ingredients and about 20 minutes to make roast sweet potato cubes in the Air fryer.
5 Easy Steps to make Roast Sweet Potatoes cubes
- Scrub, Peel, Dice – Scrub and wash the sweet potatoes really well. Peel and dice to 1/2 inch ( 1 cm ) cube.
2. Season – Prepare a seasoning mix to your liking or use a store bought seasoning. I love a simple seasoning for a quick side dish or Mexican flavors in my Sweet Potatoes to serve in a wrap.
3. Preheat the Air fryer – Preheating the Airfryer will cut down the frying time by 2-3 minutes. I do preheat sometimes and sometimes not. So accordingly adjust the air-frying time.
4 Air fry for 12 minutes, shaking the basket once or twice in between.
5 Enjoy this delicious side on its own or as an accompaniment to the main meal. Toss them in your salads or burrito bowl with cilantro lime rice.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What is the difference between sweet potato and Yam?
Yam is bigger compared to sweet potatoes. Their skin is also different helping us to identify them. As the name goes, sweet potatoes are sweeter than yams. Yams are dry and full of starch.
Please Note – The American “YAMS” is typically another name for Sweet Potatoes.
What do sweet potatoes taste like?
Sweet potatoes are starchy and naturally sweet. When steamed or boiled, they become soft and easily digestible. However, when they are fried or roasted, they become crispy, caramelized on the outer and soft, tender on the inside, Really very tasty to eat!
Serving suggestions for roasted sweet potato
- Roast Sweet potato ( and carrot ) soup is power-packed with nutrients and so delicious. Add some kale or spinach along with other seasonings and you have one easy sweet potato soup is ready.
- Roasted sweet potatoes, chickpea, and quinoa in a buddha bowl would be a great dinner suggestion. Just like our Sweet Potato Buddha Bowl
- Sweet potatoes and cauliflower roasted duo make you a tasty side dish for sure.
- Add these roast sweet potato cubes to your tacos, burritos, or even in your salads. I love to enjoy them plain as an elevenses snack too!
If you love this recipe, You will also Love these Mexican Recipes
Mexican Roasted Sweet Potato Cubes recipe below
- 2 Medium Sweet Potato
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1/2 Tsp Onion Powder
- 1 Tsp Garlic Powder or 2 Cloves Garlic crushed
- 2 Tsp Smoked Paprika
- 1/2 Tsp Chili flakes
- 2 Tsp Ground cumin
- 1/4 Tsp Ground Black Pepper
- Salt to taste
- Juice of 1 Lime OR Lemon
- Lemon Wedge
- 1 Tsp Coriander leaves
- Wash, Scrub and Peel the Sweet Potatoes. Cut the Potato into thick disc and further into 1/2 inch cube.
- Combine the spices, oil and lime juice in a bowl and stir.
- Toss the sweet potatoes with the spice mixture until well coated.
AIR FRYER INSTRUCTIONS
- Place the sweet potatoes in the air fryer basket.
- Select the AIRFRY program. Adjust the +/- keys to adjust the Time and Temperature to 200 C and 12 minutes. Press Start.
- At halftime, shake the basket.
- Remove the crispy roasted sweet potatoes from the air fryer, once the air frying cycle ends. Serve Immediately.
- Arrange the sweet potatoes on a baking tray, without overcrowding too much. Bake for 18-20 minutes, checking in-between.