This Creamy Roasted Red Pepper & Sun dried Tomato Pasta is big on flavors and quick on time!! It is going to change the way you cook up your sauce for pasta at home! Ready in just 40 minutes.
ABOUT THIS ROASTED RED PEPPER & SUN DRIED TOMATO PASTA
We love super quick and easy recipes for weeknights.This recipe is a lot easier and quicker than you will ever imagine. Sometimes to go big on flavors, you really do not have to compromise on anything! The only extra time you will ever need is to roast the red peppers in the oven. However if you are falling short of time, use the roasted red peppers from the jar.
I like to use the Sun dried tomatoes with oil from the Jar for this recipe. Sun dried tomatoes are so delicious, I can almost have them with anything like a toast, sandwich and even hummus too.
For this recipe, I like to use the oil thats in the Sun- dried tomatoes jar. They are so flavor some that your pasta will be elevated to an all new level.
Once you actually learn to make this Blender Pasta Sauce at home, you will never ever go to a superstore to pick up a readymade Pasta Sauce after this. I can vouch for that.
ROASTED RED PEPPER & SUN DRIED TOMATO SAUCE
Our flavor-some sauce requires only a handful of ingredients to render outstanding flavors. There is one extra step involved for roasting the peppers – but its totally worth it!
This pepper and tomato sauce is so delicious, that I can practically lick from a spoon too.
Make this sauce vegan by using Vegan Cream or Vegan Cream Cheese!
HOW TO MAKE EASY PASTA with SUN-DRIED TOMATOES & ROASTED RED PEPPER in 4 Easy Steps ?
Roast the Red Pepper – Slice the red pepper , deseed them and place them on a baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt & pepper. Roast in the preheated oven at 200 C for 20-25 minutes.
Cook the Pasta to the packet instructions and set aside. Reserve some of the pasta stock for use. I prefer to spaghetti for this recipe.
Easy Pasta Sauce– Add the roasted pepper, sun-dried or oven dried tomatoes, oil, garlic, basil, cream, salt & pepper and process until smooth. If you find the sauce a bit too thick, add 2-3 tablespoon of reserved pasta water at a time and process.
Combine the Sauce & Pasta – To a heated sauce pan, add the blender pepper & tomato sauce and the cooked pasta. Cook in medium flame for 2-3 minutes. Add 1/4 – 1/2 cup of the reserved stock to adjust the consistency. Garnish with Basil leaves, cheese and chilli flakes.
Sun-dried tomato and spinach pasta – you can also add some Spinach to this recipe, just before serving.
Sun dried tomato pasta – For a quick tomato pasta, simply make the sauce with all the ingredients ( other than red pepper )
Vegan Tomato Pasta – Use plant based cream cheese and vegan cheese in the recipe!
CAN I USE HOMEMADE SUN DRIED TOMATOES FOR THIS PASTA RECIPE?
Well,Why not? You can even use homemade Ovendried Tomatoes. I have got a recipe covered for you!! So, when you have excess tomato produce, how about making Oven Sun-dried tomatoes or semi dried Tomatoes.
WHAT TYPE OF PASTA CAN I USE FOR THIS RECIPE?
Literally Anything you like!
To put it in other words, it can Penne, Spiral, Farfalle, Spaghetti or even Linguine!! Choice is yours and whatever is easily available in your pantry.
YOU MAY ALSO LOVE TO TRY THESE HOMEMADE PASTA SAUCES
HAVE YOU MADE THIS RECIPE?
SUN-DRIED TOMATO PASTA RECIPE BELOW
- 2 Red Pepper
- ½ cup sundried tomatoes
- 2-3 Cloves Garlic minced
- ½ cup cream
- 1/4 cup basil leaves
- 2 tbsp concentrated tomato paste Optional
- 1 tbsp Sun dried tomato oil or Olive oil
- salt to taste
- 2 tbsp olive Oil
- 225 g Linguine Pasta
- 1 Tsp red chilli flakes
- 2 Tbsp basil leaves
- ¼ Cup cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- Roast the pepper - Cut the red pepper to slices, deseed them and place them on a baking tray. Roast on a preheated oven at 200 C for 20 -25 minutes, until the peppers are a bit charred.
- In a high speed blender, add the roasted red pepper, sun-dried tomatoes, oil, cream, basil leaves, salt and process. Add a little reserved pasta water, if you would like a watery sauce. Taste for seasoning and add more if needed.
- Heat water in a large pot, add the pasta and salt. Cook according to pasta instructions. Drain the stock, reserving 1 cup to use for cooking. Run the pasta under running tap water and set it aside.
- Transfer the blender pasta sauce and the cooked pasta. Stir well to coat the pasta with the sauce and cook on medium heat for 2 -3 minutes .Add 1/4 - 1/3 cup reserved stock to adjust the consistency. Taste and add more salt and pepper as needed.
- Serve warm Roasted Red Pepper & Sun-dried tomato pasta with extra basil leaves, shaved cheddar and red chilli flakes.