AIR FRYER CHICKPEAS This is my hands on recipe for making Crispy Roasted Chickpeas in the Air fryer. So easy, healthy, delicious, crunchy and tasty for sure!
Air fryer Roasted Chickpeas are a delicious and guilt free snack! ( Roasted Masala Chana ). Learn how to make them in less than 30 minutes with cooked chickpeas.
ABOUT THIS ROASTED CHICKPEAS
Roasted Chickpeas are quite an addictive snack, but absolutely guilt free. Whether you are snacking while binge watching on Netflix or just need a snack for your elevenses craving, this Air fryer Chickpeas is the one you need.
Cooked Chickpeas are coated with spices / oil and then air fried to perfection until crispy and well browned.
I make these crispy chickpeas in my Philips Viva Air fryer and in Instant Pot Duo Crisp Air fryer. These come out perfect in both!
Did I tell you, these roasted chickpeas are great in my Sweet Potato Buddha Bowl too!
Don’t have an Air fryer, check out my post on Sweet Potato Chickpeas Bowl and I show you how to roast the chickpeas in the oven.
INGREDIENTS FOR AIR FRYER CHICKPEAS
Our air fryer roasted chickpeas recipe requires minimal easily available ingredients from the pantry.
- Chickpeas – Homemade Chickpeas are so easy to make. If you have not tried making them at home, check out our ultimate guide in cooking Chickpeas at home. Are you in a hurry, Use 1 can of chickpeas to create this guilt free snack..
- Olive Oil -is great to coat the chickpeas, in turn allowing the seasoning to stick well.
- Seasoning– Use any seasoning of your choice or use a mix of spices for delicious flavors. If you can’t be bothered to make your own seasoning, how about using some Cajun Seasoning or Fajita Seasoning or Ranch.
- Salt – Absolutely a must in the roasted chickpeas. A little goes a long way – so don’t skip the salt!
HOW TO MAKE CRISPY CHICKPEAS IN AIR FRYER
Making Crispy Chickpeas is simply quick and easy in the air fryer. Like our other Air fryer Recipes, there are very few steps to follow to make this delicious snack.
- Dry the Chickpeas / Garbanzo: Spread the chickpeas on a kitchen towel and pat them dry. Use your hands and rub them back and forth until completely dried.
- Marinate the Chickpeas with Seasoning: Toss the chickpeas with seasoning and oil, until well coated.
- Cook the chickpeas: Arrange the chickpeas in a single layer in the air fryer basket. Air fry at 200 C for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes cook for a little longer say 2 – 3 minutes or until crispy and lightly browned.
TIPS TO MAKE CRISPY ROASTED CHICKPEAS
Drying the Chickpeas is totally essential for the crunchiness. Do not Skip this step! If you remember a bit earlier in the day, spread the chickpeas out on kitchen tissue or a towel and allow it to completely dry for an hour or so.
If you would like a Quick Method – To speed up the process – Spread the chickpeas on a kitchen towel and place another one on top of it. Roll it back and forth until completely dried.
Arranging the Chickpeas in a Single Layer in the air fryer is important!
Using Oil or Oil spray is essential in the recipe. It helps in allowing the seasoning to stick to the chickpeas.
Store Airfryer Chickpeas in an Airtight container after cooling down. While roasted chickpeas usually gets over the same day at our home, you can store any leftover in an air tight jar for upto 1 week.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Can I make CRISPY ROASTED CHICKPEAS with Canned chickpeas?
You can make roasted chickpeas with canned chickpeas or homemade chickpeas. These are delicious with both!
DO I NEED TO PREHEAT MY AIR FRYER ALWAYS?
Well the answer is No! You do not need to preheat the Air fryer all the time. In this case for making spicy roasted chickpeas, cooking time for the dish can be slightly longer than when you don’t preheat it.
It also makes it easier to arrange your meal in the air fryer basket without getting hot / burnt.
If you decide to preheat the air fryer, cooking time needed might be slightly lesser. I have tried so many recipes where I used to preheat the air fryer. But honestly I really could not justify pre heating for most of the dishes.
HOW TO STORE ROASTED CHICKPEAS
Once they cools down, store the roasted chickpeas in air tight jar for up to 1 week in a cool place. I like to use my Mason Jars to store them!
YOU WILL WANT TO TRY THESE DELICIOUS AIRFRYER RECIPES
INSTANT POT AIR FRYER CHICKPEAS RECIPE BELOW
- Instant Pot Duo Crisp Air fryer
- Spread the chickpeas on a kitchen towel and pat them dry.
- Place the seasoning ingredients in a bowl and stir to combine.
- Add the chickpeas and marinate well in the spices.
- Arrange the chickpeas in a single layer in the air fryer basket.
- Place the inner stainless steel pot into the Instant Pot cooker base and Insert the air fryer basket with basket base.
- Place the Air fryer Lid on the cooker base. Select the AIRFRY programme. Adjust the +/- keys to adjust the Time and Temperature to 200 C and 10 minutes. Press Start.
- At half time, give it shake with a non stick spatula.
- After 10 minutes, cook for another 3 minutes or more until you have the desired crispiness.