These Air Fryer Vegetarian Fajitas are a game-changer! Packed with spicy veggies and crispy halloumi, this tex mex recipe is the perfect quick and easy meal solution. Ready in under 15 minutes.
About my super simple recipe – air fryer vegetarian fajitas
You already know my love for air frying and its unmatched convenience! It’s quicker and more convenient than using the oven or stove, just like my Air Fryer Parmentier Potatoes, Air Fryer Courgettes, or Roasted Air Fryer Carrots.
Simply toss peppers, onions, and halloumi cheese with fajita seasoning, then air fry until the peppers are tender and crunchy, while the halloumi cheese turns golden.
Your air-fried fajita mixture is ready to use in tacos, Buddha bowls, burritos, quesadillas, pasta, and more!
Why you’ll love these Air fryer Fajitas?
Effortless and speedy – With just a few minutes to prep and under 15 minutes in the air fryer, this recipe is a lifesaver for hectic weeknights.
Nutritious – Utilising minimal to no oil in the air fryer makes this dish a healthier alternative to traditional sautéed fajita mixture.
Versatile – Easily customise this recipe to suit your taste preferences; vary the veggies, add your favourite seasoning or herbs to create various flavours and adjust spiciness levels.
Adaptable to dietary needs – Whether you’re vegan, vegetarian, gluten-free, or following a Mediterranean diet, this recipe has you covered.
Meal prep-friendly – Ideal for meal prep, this dish can be stored in the fridge for days and reheated whenever needed. Enjoy it as a side dish or mix it with your preferred noodles, fried rice, pasta, or casserole dishes.So good!
Ingredients for Air fryer Veggie Fajita mixture
- Mixed Peppers: Grab red, yellow, and orange peppers, and slice them into inch-thick pieces. Don’t slice them too thin; keep that satisfying crunch!
- Onion: Get a red onion for that extra crunchiness. One onion is all you need.
- Halloumi Cheese: Cut the halloumi into inch-thick slices. It adds a tasty and hearty element to your fajitas.
- Fajita Seasoning: You can use store-bought seasoning for ease or mix up your own at home for a personal touch.
- Oil: Use olive oil to coat the veggies; just make sure there’s enough to cover them all evenly.
How to make air fryer vegetarian fajitas with halloumi cheese?
Step 1 – Prep Veggies & Halloumi: Start by slicing assorted bell peppers, red onion, and cubing the halloumi cheese. In a mixing bowl, toss the veggies and halloumi with your favourite fajita seasoning.
Step 2 – Add to Air Fryer Basket and Air Fry: Preheat your air fryer 180C for 2-3 minutes. My air fryer prompts when to add to the air fryer basket. Once heated, place the seasoned veggies and halloumi in the air fryer basket. Air fry until the peppers are crunchy and the halloumi is golden. Be sure to shake the basket periodically for even cooking.
Step 3 – Serve in Tortillas: Once the air fryer fajita mixture is perfectly cooked, it’s time to assemble your fajitas. Warm the tortillas, either in the air fryer/ microwave for a few seconds or on a skillet. Spoon the air-fried veggies and halloumi onto the warm tortillas, distributing them evenly.
Step 4 – Add the Toppings: No fajita is complete without a generous helping of toppings. I like to add shredded lettuce, dollops of sour cream, guacamole, jalapeños and a sprinkle of fresh cilantro. These toppings adds complementary flavours, taking your air fryer vegetarian fajitas to the next level.
What can you add to your fajitas – the fajita mixture?
The possibilities are deliciously endless!
I like to add a medley of veggies like classic peppers and onions. You can be creative with courgettes, mushrooms, and aubergine.
For a protein boost, toss in tofu, halloumi cheese, or paneer.
To enhance the texture and flavour of your fajita mixture, add black beans or chickpeas to the fajita mixture.
I take my fajitas to the next level by combining an array of delightful toppings. I typically choose 2-3 toppings to enhance the flavors along with the fajita mixture.
- Sour cream
- Shredded lettuce
- Grated cheddar cheese
- Fresh tomato salsa
- Fresh coriander (cilantro)
My go-to combination includes lettuce, guacamole, sour cream, and chopped jalapenos, served with a squeeze of lime for that perfect finishing touch.
Can I make fajita in advance?
Yes certainly. Prep the vegetables, halloumi cheese and store it in the fridge. Air fry the fajita mixture and halloumi cheese just before serving.
Love this Tex Mex recipe, you will also love
Easy Air fryer Fajitas with Veggies and Halloumi cheese recipe below
- 1 Red pepper sliced
- 1 Yellow pepper sliced
- 1 Orange pepper sliced
- 1 Red onion sliced
- 2 tbsp Fajita seasoning
- 2 tsp Olive oil
- Shredded lettuce
- Sour cream
- Fresh coriander
- In a bowl, mix the sliced peppers, onion, halloumi cheese, fajita seasoning, and olive oil. Toss them together until well combined.
- Preheat the air fryer to 180°C for 3 minutes. Place the prepared vegetarian fajita mixture in the air fryer basket.
- Air fry for 12-15 minutes until the veggies are tender, crunchy, and the halloumi cheese turns golden.
- Once the veggies are ready, warm the tortilla. Add the lettuce, guacamole, sour cream, and top with the fajita mixture. Sprinkle with coriander leaves and serve with lime. Enjoy your delicious and easy-to-make vegetarian air fryer fajitas!