Let me introduce you to yet another lip-smacking Paneer Curry – Paneer Peshawari ! If you are looking for an Easy Paneer Curry, then Paneer Peshawari is your go-to recipe. This rocking Indian Paneer gravy recipe that takes just 30 minutes and its fool proof every-time you make it.
This PANEER PESHAWARI RECIPE has been one of the most loved curry recipes on this blog and its absolutely overwhelming to see so many pictures of successful peshawari paneer on Pinterest!
When we moved home in October, things were quite un manageable. We really could not keep up with the routine, the new house , rented property and settling. At that time, we actually found a takeaway service who would deliver Homelike Indian Food every evening!
Life got a lot easier for those early days until we were settling down.. Takeaway meals that were healthier and balanced and we never had any complain.. Our menu had at least One Curry, One Dal, 3 Roti’s , A box of Rice, Yogurt and Pickle which was enough for the two of us every evening. We never got bored of the food that even after we got settled, we continued for a few more days. One of the meals had Paneer Peshawari and it was one of the best Paneer Curries we have ever had.
With a Cheerful thank you message, We had to write to the catering service asking about the delicious Curry. The catering guy sent us a rough recipe and I managed to work around with what they had provided. The taste that was recreated with the ingredients list was just the same and it was an awesome sense of achievement.
WHAT IS PANEER PESHAWARI?
Paneer = Mild, firm Indian cheese that’s perfect for cooking.
Paneer Peshawari is an authentic vegetarian curry dish made with indian cottage cheese and spiced tomato gravy. This creamy rich Paneer curry is a great side dish with flatbreads, pulao rice. All ready in just 30 minutes from scratch!
Did I also tell you, you can easily Veganise this peshwari curry!!
All you need are basic ingredients, readily available in your pantry for this Paneer Curry.
INGREDIENTS FOR PANEER PESHAWARI CURRY
Paneer Peshawari masala is a simple, easy and tasty paneer curry recipe that can be made in just about 30 minutes. This recipe calls for staple ingredients that are available in our pantry.
Paneer – Either Store bought Paneer or home made – both of the work well. . Paneer is easily available in most super stores in the cheese section. If you would like to make it vegan Peshwari curry, swap Paneer with Tofu.
Some of the Easy PANEER RECIPES you love
Tomato Puree – Blend fresh tomatoes to make puree at home. Other alternatives can be store bought Passata sauce or even canned tomatoes.
Cream – For vegan alternative, use cashew cream!
Essential spice powders
Kasuri Methi – are dried fenugreek leaves. Dry Roast the Kasoori methi in a pan, crush them between your palm and add them to the curry. Do not add Methi Powder to replace this ingredient.
I have made this easy Paneer curry atleast a 100 times and we are licking our fingers till the bowls were clean. I reckon you should give this recipe for Paneer curry a try and tell me how you enjoy them.
This recipe for Paneer Peshawari is one of the most favourite recipes on my blog as well as Pinterest.
PESHAWARI CURRY VARIATION along with PESHWARI PANEER
Chicken Karahi Peshawari
Peshwari Paneer Chole – Add some Chickpeas to the curry along with Paneer
So, what is your pick?
HAVE YOU MADE MY PANEER PESHAWARI Curry?
YOU WILL ALSO LOVE THESE VEGETARIAN CURRIES
- Vegan Aloo Gobi
- Aloo Matar
- Palak Paneer
- Dhaba style Dal Makhani
- Paneer Makhani
- Saag Aloo
- Kerala Egg Curry
PANEER PESHAWARI RECIPE BELOW
- 250 gm of Paneer Cubes
- 1 Large Red onion finely chopped
- 1 Cup of Tomato Puree Roughly 2 tomatoes blended
- 1 Tsp Freshly grated Ginger
- 1 Tsp Garlic Paste or 2 Cloves of Garlic
- 12 Nos of Cashewnuts soaked in hot water
- 1/2 Cup of Cream
- 2 Tsp Kasthuri Methi
- 1 Tblspn Oil
- 1 Tbslpn Unsalted Butter
- 1 Tsp Cumin Seeds
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 3/4 Tsp of Turmeric
- 1 1/2 Tsp Chilli Powder
- 3/4 Tsp Garam Masala
- 2 Tsp Coriander Powder
- 2 Tsp Cumin Powder
- Salt to Taste Approx 3/4 Tsp
- Heat Oil + Unsalted Butter in a Pan, add Bayleaf & Cumin Seeds. Once Cumin Seeds splutter add chopped onions. Saute until they begin to change color to light brown. I often add a pinch of salt along with onions so they let out water and speeds up the process.
- Add Ginger Garlic and saute until raw smell is eliminated.
- Add Tomato Puree, spice powders and saute until the mixture begins to leave oil.
- Meanwhile, grind the soaked cashewnuts and set them aside.
- Once onion tomato mixture has begun to form a lump, add the cashew puree and saute for 2 minutes. Add 1/2 -3/4 Cup of water to the mixture.
- Stir in Paneer Cubes, cream, crushed Kasturi methi and a sprinkle of garam masala.
- Cook for another a minute and turn off the flame.
- Adjust the spices, by adding more if required and check for salt too.
- Serve Hot Paneer Peshawari along with Roti’s / Nan Breads.