This air fryer tomato and beetroot soup is a delightful blend of roasted tomatoes and beets. Ready in just 30 minutes, topped with cream and croutons, it’s the most delicious beetroot soup you’ll ever enjoy – a comforting choice for any night, whether you’re celebrating Valentines day or just keeping it easy on a busy evening!
About this Easy Air fryer roasted beet soup
You know how much I love easy, hands-free recipes, right? Well, this soup is just that.
Simply roast the garlic, beets, tomatoes and onion into the air fryer, then blend them with stock to make the most delicious, vibrant soup. It’s as easy as it gets!
If you don’t have an air fryer, throw them all into a roasting tin, and bake until they’re roasted and tender.
And let me tell you, the kitchen smells amazing while this soup cooks. The flavours mix up so well, making every spoonful so delicious. It’s perfect for those cozy nights when you want something hearty but easy. Enjoy the simplicity and richness of my easy homemade roasted beetroot soup!
Why you’ll love this soup?
Dietary Friendly: This soup is totally vegan, making it a good choice for different dietary preferences.
Quick and Easy: Ready in around 30 minutes, the recipe is mostly hands-free. Let the air fryer handle the roasting, and then blend it up using a hand blender or stand blender.
Budget-friendly: It uses basic ingredients, probably stuff you already have at home – nothing too fancy.
Versatile: Perfect for a cozy night, a chilly one, or even special occasions like Valentine’s Day to impress your loved ones.
Scale up / down: Make a lot for a bunch of people or just a little for a cozy meal for two.
Tomatoes: I prefer ripe, juicy tomatoes, but any variety works. Use what you have; plum, cherry, or heirloom all add unique flavours.
Beetroots: Fresh beets bring earthy sweetness. Feel free to mix red and golden varieties for a colourful twist.
Garlic: Adjust to taste, whether you like a subtle hint or a robust garlic kick.
Onion: Opt for white onion. However you can also use red, brown or shallots – based on your preference or what’s in your kitchen.
Stock: Vegetable, or even mushroom stock enriches the soup. Use your favourite or what’s in the pantry.
Rosemary: Fresh or dried rosemary imparts a fragrant, herbal note. Adjust quantity based on your preference.
Salt and Pepper: Season to taste; these basics elevate the flavours. Start with a pinch and adjust as needed.
Olive Oil: A drizzle to roast the veggies.
Cream (vegan or dairy): I use dairy cream or vegan alternative. Coconut milk work too. Opt for what suits your taste and dietary preferences.
How to make this Air fryer Roasted Beetroot soup? : Step by Step
Toss the tomatoes, beetroot, garlic and onion, rosemary(if using any) in olive oil, salt and pepper. Then place it the air fryer basket.
Air fry at 180C for 15 minutes or until roasted and tender. Discard rosemary. If the beets still have a bit of resistance, transfer to a pot with the stock and cook for 10 minutes on the stove.
Either using an immersion blender or stand blender, process until smooth.
Stir in cream and serve with toppings!
Tips to make the best roasted beetroot tomato soup
- Optimal Beet Cooking: Beets generally require a bit more time to cook compared to other ingredients. To expedite the cooking process, chop them into smaller pieces. Alternatively, roast the beets for a few minutes before adding the remaining ingredients.
- Mind the Beet Quantity: While beets add a rich flavour to the soup, resist the temptation to use too much, as it can lead to an overly sweet taste. Balance is key for a well-rounded and savoury soup.
- Garlic: Enhance the soup’s flavour by squeezing the garlic before pureeing.
- Fresh Herbs for a Finishing Touch: Elevate the soup’s taste by adding a sprinkle of fresh herbs like basil or parsley just before serving.
What to serve with this roasted beet soup?
To switch things up, serve this roasted beetroot soup alongside a light salad like a mayo-free coleslaw.
For additional variations, consider topping it with roasted pumpkin seeds, a sprinkle of grated cheese, or crumbled feta. Along with it, add fresh herbs like parsley, chive, or basil to make delightful optional additions.
More Easy Vegetarian Soup recipes to make you feel cozy
Roasted garlic beetroot tomato soup recipe below
- 3 tomatoes halved (about 500g)
- 1 beetroot cut into wedges (about 300g)
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 white onion cut into wedges
- 2 cup vegetable stock about 450ml
- 1 stalk of rosemary
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ¼ cup cream vegan or dairy cream
- Croutons to serve
- 1 tbsp parsley
- Toss the tomatoes, beetroot, garlic and onion, rosemary( if using any) in olive oil, salt and pepper. Then place it the air fryer basket. Remember to keep the tomato cut side up.
- Air fry at 180C for 13-15 minutes or until roasted and tender. Discard rosemary.
- If you find the beetroot still has a bit of resistance, then add them to a pot along with the rest of the ingredients and the stock and cook on stove for 10 minutes. (Optional)
- Transfer to a blender jar with vegetable stock.
- Process until smooth.Alternatively use an immersion blender.
- Stir in 1 tsp cream in each bowl, add croutons, garnish with parsley and serve!