This Dill Yogurt sauce is made with creamy Greek yogurt, garlic, and fresh dill, creating a zesty homemade condiment. Taking just 5 minutes or less to prepare, this dill yogurt dip tastes so much better than store-bought ones with its Mediterranean flavours and irresistibly creamy texture.
About my Quick and Easy Greek inspired Dill Yogurt Sauce
I absolutely adore simple and quick no cook recipes, and let me tell you, this small batch tzaziki influenced Yogurt dill salad dressing is a breeze to make. Plus, I only need a handful of ingredients, and I can whip up this sauce in just 5 minutes or less. It’s so much better than the store-bought options, like Cava Yogurt Dill dressing.
For this Mediterranean-inspired dressing, I start with Greek yogurt, add fresh and vibrant dill, a splash of lemon juice, garlic and more. Combine together and serve. How easy is that! For a variation, you can add some sour cream too.
I love pairing this creamy yogurt dressing with naan bread, pita bread or nachos for an appetiser. Perfect for entertaining or snacking!
Why you’ll love this recipe?
- Quick and Easy: Ready in 5 minutes or less—a lifesaver for busy days.
- Budget-Friendly: Delicious ingredients that won’t break the bank.
- Homemade Excellence: Beats store bought in both taste and cost.
- Incredible Versatility: Perfect for everything from pita to salads.
- Dietary needs: Suitable for Vegetarian and Gluten free diet. Can be made Vegan, by using Vegan yogurt.
Ingredients to make Dill Yogurt sauce recipe
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Creamy Yogurt: For the lush texture I love, I opt for Greek yogurt with its higher fat content. However, you can easily switch to natural yogurt for a slightly less creamy variation.
- Fresh Dill: The key to elevating the flavours lies in using fresh and vibrant dill. Its addition enhances the taste manifold. While my preference is fresh dill, dried dill can be a substitute if needed.
- Garlic: A single clove of large garlic or two small ones works wonders in my dressing. If fresh garlic isn’t on hand, garlic powder or granules can step in with their milder flavour.
- Lemon: The infusion of lemon juice is essential to strike the perfect flavour balance.
- Olive oil : It is optional. But a drizzle of olive oil on the top will add richness.
- Paprika: Add a pinch just before serving.
- Salt and Pepper: to taste
- Optional Addition: Cucumber: To transform this creamy yogurt sauce into a delightful Greek Tzatziki, simply incorporate some grated cucumber. The choice is yours!
How to make Homemade Dill Yogurt Sauce?: Step by Step
Its super simple to make the yogurt dill sauce. Combine greek yogurt, dill, salt, pepper, garlic and lemon juice. Just before serving, drizzle olive oil, add a pinch of paprika and scatter dill.
Serve this delicious dill yogurt sauce in many ways
Store in airtight container and refrigerate the leftover dill yogurt dressing for up to 5 days.
- What’s the Difference Between Dill Yogurt Sauce and Tzatziki? Dill Yogurt Sauce and Greek Tzatziki are quite similar, but the key difference is cucumber. Tzatziki has cucumber in it, which gives it a special taste and texture.
- Can I Make a Vegan Dill Sauce? Yes, you can! To make a vegan version of the dill yogurt sauce, just use plant-based yogurt instead of regular yogurt. There are options like Alpro Vegan Greek-style yogurt, Oatly Oatgurt Greek-style, or Rachel’s Greek-style coconut yogurt that work great.
5 minutes easy Dill Yogurt sauce recipe below
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 3 tbsp fresh dill minced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- ⅛ tsp paprika
- Place yogurt, garlic, 2 tbsp dill leaves, salt, pepper and lemon juice in a mixing bowl. Whisk to combine.1 cup Greek yogurt, 1 clove garlic, 3 tbsp fresh dill, 1/2 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Drizzle olive oil, paprika and 1 tbsp dill. Chill until you are ready to serve.1 tbsp olive oil, juice of 1/2 lemon, ⅛ tsp paprika