Love Samosas? Thinking how to cook your favourite frozen samosas in air fryer? I have got you covered with this easy air fryer frozen samosa recipe from freezer to your table in under 15 minutes. Achieve perfect crispiness without the need for an oven or deep fryer.
What are samosas?
Samosas are delightful, crispy Asian snacks/appetisers served with dipping sauces. Indian Punjabi samosas boast a triangular shape with crispy pastry filled with a mixture of potatoes and spices. They’re usually deep-fried to golden perfection, enjoyed hot with a cup of masala chai.
Mini/Cocktail samosas and Chicken samosas are popular alternatives.
If you want to make samosas from scratch, I’ve got you covered with my air fryer samosa recipe. The covering uses Samosa Patti sheets and features a filling of mixed vegetables.
Where to buy frozen samosa in the UK?
I typically get Haldiram Vegetable Frozen Samosas, Shana Vegetable Samosas or Cofresh frozen punjabi samosa from Tesco or Asian grocery stores. They come in cocktail or large Punjabi versions. Additionally, you can find frozen samosas in the freezer section of major supermarkets such as Tesco, Sainsbury’s, Iceland, ASDA, Morrisons, and Waitrose.
How to cook air fryer frozen samosa?: Step by Step
Preheat the air fryer to 350F/ 180C.
Place the samosas in the air fryer basket.
Air fry for 5-10 minutes depending upon the size of the samosa (mini or Punjabi) For extra crispiness, add an extra minute or two.
For the large Punjabi Vegetable samosas, it took me 10-11 minutes. This time differs depending upon the brand.
Optional: Brush with oil at halftime for added richness.
Do I need to brush the samosa with oil for air frying?
Brushing oil on frozen samosas is a choice. I personally don’t prefer on a regular basis. However for a desired golden crust, brush the samosa with oil or spray oil at half time.
Why you’ll love air fryer frozen samosas?
- Perfect for Any Occasion: Enjoy samosas any day, making them the perfect appetiser for curry nights, birthday parties, or weekends with friends and family.
- Time-Saving Alternative: Making samosas from scratch at home is a labor of love, but it’s an elaborate process. While the traditional method is easy, it can be time-consuming. The good news? Air frying frozen samosas gets them ready in less than 8-15 minutes, saving you time and effort.
- New to Air fryer: You’ll love the simplicity and convenience. Cost-effective compared to oven cooking.
- No Extra Effort: Forget the hassle of buying or cooking additional ingredients – with frozen samosas, all you need is the SAMOSA.
- Healthier: Air frying the samosas are a healthier alternative to deep frying. So you can enjoy delicious snack guilt free.
- Portion Control: Whether you want 2 or 10 samosas, the air fryer allows you to cook only as much as you need. It’s a convenient way to manage portions.
- Effortless Cooking: The process is pretty much effortless, with minimal hands-on time required. Enjoy the convenience of preparing delicious frozen samosa in air fryer without a fuss.
Cooking Frozen Samosa in Air fryer – Time and Temperature
When air frying frozen samosas, it’s important to consider a few factors – size of the samosa, type of samosa- vegetable or meat and capacity of the air fryer. Since the samosas are precooked, the cooking time will be shorter compared to making them from scratch. Most samosa packets come with instructions for both oven and frying.
Here’s a simple rule of thumb for cooking frozen food in the air fryer: maintain the same cooking temperature but reduce the cooking time by 50%. For added crispiness or a desired golden colour, add another 1-2 minutes.
For Punjabi Samosas, which are larger, the oven instructions suggest 350°F for 16-18 minutes. To air fry, keep the temperature at 350°F / 180°C and adjust the time to 8-10 minutes.
For Cocktail or Mini Vegetable Samosas, with oven instructions at 350°F for 12-14 minutes, keep the cooking temperature the same when air frying. Aim for 350°F / 180°C and adjust the time to 5-7 minutes for perfect results.
Another factor to keep in mind is the capacity of the air fryer. Smaller air fryer such as 2.2l capacity will take slightly longer to cook than the larger capacity ones such as 6.5l or 8.5l ones.
What sauces to serve with samosa
Enhance your samosa experience with a variety of samosa dipping sauces like Tamarind sauce, Coriander mint chutney, Mango Chutney, and Yogurt mint sauce. Pair it with a comforting cup of masala chai during afternoon tea for a delicious combo.
Keep any leftover, cooled samosas fresh in the fridge within an airtight container for up to 2 days. Note: Avoid freezing them again as these are frozen samosas.
How to reheat frozen samosa in air fryer?
To reheat the frozen samosas, place them in the air fryer basket and reheat at 180C for 2-3 minutes until heated thoroughly. This will revive the deliciousness of your samosas. Do not microwave the samosas as they will be soft and not crispy to serve.
Got extra samosas? Try turning them into Samosa Chana Chaat for a delicious snack.
Love this air fryer recipe you will also love these Air fryer Frozen recipes
How to Air fryer frozen samosas recipe below
- 10 samosa (Punjabi/ vegetable/ chicken/ mini)
- 1 tsp oil optional
- Preheat the air fryer to 180C / 350F.
- Place samosas in the air fryer basket.
- For mini Samosas, Air fry for 5-7 minutes until golden brown and crispy. Add another 1-2 minutes if needed for extra crispiness.
- For large Punjabi Samosas, air fry for 8-10 minutes. Add 1-2 minutes for extra crispiness as needed.
- Optional: Brush samosas with oil at halftime for added richness.
- Drain on a kitchen towel and serve hot with your favourite dipping sauces.
- Consider samosa size, type (vegetable, paneer, or meat), and air fryer capacity for cooking time.
- Refer to packet instructions for suggested oven cooking times. Adjust air fryer settings accordingly.
- Follow the thumb rule: if the suggested oven cooking times are 180C and 20 minutes, reduce the cooking time by 50%. Air fry at 180C for approximately 10 minutes.