Air fryer frozen hash browns are an easy way to enjoy this classic English breakfast side. With just one ingredient and no oil needed, you can have crispy hash browns in minutes.
Why should you make Air Fryer Frozen Hash browns?
Looking for an easy, healthy, and quick breakfast option, then air fryer frozen hash browns is just what you need.
Only one ingredient needed – All you need is frozen hash browns. So it’s a simple recipe that anyone can make.
No oil required – Unlike deep-fried hash browns, air fryer hash browns don’t require any oil, making them a healthier alternative.
Quick and easy – Making hash browns from scratch can be a lengthy process. But using frozen store-bought hash browns is a quick and easy solution. In just 10-12 minutes, you can have instant air fryer frozen hash browns with no extra effort.
Kid-friendly – Preheating is optional. So there’s no need to worry about burns, and kids can make them on their own.
Versatile – Hash browns don’t have to be limited to English breakfast. Serve them as an appetiser with green chutney or replace the potato tikki with quick hash browns for a twist.
Dietary considerations – Suitable for vegans and vegetarians. But it’s always a good idea to check the label of the hash browns you’re using. Some brands might contain egg.
Easy to buy – Frozen hash browns are widely available in bulk packets from the freezer section of your local supermarket or Costco in the UK.
How to make Air fryer Frozen Hashbrowns?
To make air fryer frozen hash browns, all you need is frozen hash browns and an air fryer.
Depending on the number of servings you need, pick 1 hash brown per person from the freezer drawer.
Preheat the air fryer to 200 C for 2 minutes. This is an optional step for uniform crisping. Then, place up to 6 hash browns in the air fryer basket, making sure not to overcrowd them.
Select the AIRFRY program and adjust the time and temperature to 200°C and 10 minutes, respectively. Press Start to begin cooking.
At the halfway mark (around 5 minutes), use tongs to flip the hash browns to ensure that they cook evenly.
Cook the hash browns for an additional 2-3 minutes if they are too thick. (optional) You want them to be crispy and golden brown.
Remove the hash browns from the air fryer basket. Serve them on their own with tomato ketchup or as a component of your English Breakfast.
It’s that simple! Enjoy your delicious and crispy air fryer frozen hash browns.
- Serve hashbrowns as a component of a classic English breakfast along with Eggs, Sautéed Mushrooms, Sausages, Tomatoes, and Baked beans.
- Enjoy your air fryer hash browns as a delicious snack by pairing them with a sour cream and chives dip, boom boom sauce or sriracha mayo.
- Serve air fryer hash browns as an appetiser with green chutney, or replace the potato tikki with these quick and easy hash browns for a tasty twist in Ragda Patties.
How to convert Oven time and temperature to air fryer?
To convert oven cooking time and temperature to air fryer:
- Reduce oven temperature by 25°F to 50°F (about 14°C to 28°C).
- Reduce cooking time by 20% to 30% compared to oven cooking time.
- Check the food frequently while cooking.
- Adjust the temperature and time based on the type of food being cooked like fries, veggies, chicken and more.
- A bit of trial and error since the cooking times and temperatures may vary based on the size and model of the air fryer.
Do I need to thaw frozen hash browns before cooking them?
No, you don’t need to thaw frozen hash browns before cooking them.This is particularly true if you’re cooking them in an air fryer, oven, or skillet.
What are the different ways to cook frozen hash browns?
You can cook frozen hash browns directly without thawing them on a skillet, in the oven, or in an air fryer. Air frying takes about 10 minutes, oven cooking takes about 15-20 minutes, and skillet cooking takes about 15-20 minutes as well.
If you love Air fryer frozen Hashbrowns, you will also love
- 6 Frozen Hashbrowns
- Preheat the air fryer to 200 C for 2 minutes. (Optional)
- Place 6 hashbrowns in the air fryer basket, without overcrowding.
- Air fry at 200C for 10 – 14 minutes in total depending upon the thickness of hash browns. At halfway mark, flip the hash browns.
- Remove the crispy hashbrowns from the air fryer after the air frying cycle ends.Enjoy on its own with tomato ketchup or serve as a component of your English Breakfast.