Love Onion Bhajis? Want to know how to cook your favourite frozen onion bhaji from Iceland or Tesco in air fryer? It’s super easy peasy and almost effortless. Serve air fryer frozen onion from freezer to table in under 10 minutes.
What are Onion Bhajis?
Sliced onions coated in a spiced chickpea flour batter make Onion Bhajis, also known as Onion Pakoras—crispy Indian appetisers. Deep-fry or air-fry them to golden perfection for a delightful crunch. I’ve got you covered with both step-by-step recipes for these surprisingly easy-to-make Onion Bhajis from scratch.: the Indian Onion Bhaji recipe and the Air Fryer Onion Bhaji recipe.
Why you’ll love this recipe?
Only 1 Ingredient – That’s right! All you need is the Frozen Onion Bhaji packet.
Unexpected dinner guests? Frozen Onion Bhaji to the rescue.
Planning an afternoon tea? Serve these crispy air-fried frozen onion bhajis in just 8 minutes.
Dietary needs: Onion Bhajis are inherently vegan and suitable for vegetarians. Always check the packaging. For certainty, try my reader’s favorite recipe for Onion Bhaji.
Where to buy Frozen Onion Bhajis in the UK?
Most of the time, I make my easy Onion Bhajis at home. However, occasionally, I buy them from Tesco, Sainsbury’s, or Iceland. You will find them in the freezer aisle in supermarkets or Asian grocery stores.
How to cook Frozen onion Bhaji in Air fryer? Step by Step
For this, I have used Tesco 14 Frozen Onion Bhajis packet.
- Preheat the air fryer to 350°F/180°C.
- Place the frozen onion bhajis in the air fryer basket.
- Air fry for 6-7 minutes. At around 5 minutes, the bhajis will turn golden, but check inside, as the batter may still be wet. It’s recommended to cook for 6-7 minutes; add more time if necessary to ensure they are fully cooked. Enjoy air-fried frozen onion bhajis ready in minutes.
How to Cook Frozen Onion Bhaji in the Oven?
- Preheat the oven to 190°C/fan 170°C/Gas 5.
- Place the frozen onion bhajis on a baking tray in the preheated oven.
- Cook for 12-14 minutes, turning halfway through.
How to cook the Frozen Onion Bhaji that you have made at home from scratch?
It’s quick to cook homemade frozen onion bhaji. After cooking and cooling them thoroughly, freeze them for up to 6 months. To cook, air fry at 180°C for 3-4 minutes until heated through.
Do I need to brush the frozen onion bhajis with oil for air frying?
No need to brush the frozen onion bhaji with oil before air frying. The bhajis are already brushed with oil and they turn golden without the need for oil.
What dipping sauces pair with onion bhajis?
How should I store leftover onion bhajis?
To maintain the freshness of any remaining and cooled onion bhaji, store them in the refrigerator within an airtight container for up to 2 days. Please note: do not refreeze, as these are initially frozen onion bhajis.
How to reheat cooked frozen onion bhajis?
To reheat the cooked frozen onion bhajis, place them in the air fryer basket and reheat at 180C for 2-3 minutes until heated thoroughly. This will revive the deliciousness of your pakoras. Do not microwave the bhaji as they will be soft and not crispy to serve.
Love this quick air fryer frozen recipe, you will also love
Quick and Easy Frozen Onion Bhajis in Air fryer recipe below
- 14 Frozen onion bhaji
- Preheat the air fryer to 180C / 350F.
- Place onion bhaji in the air fryer basket.
- Air fry for 5-7 minutes until golden brown and crispy. Check if the bhajis are cooked inside. If not, add another 1-2 minutes.
- Drain on a kitchen towel and serve hot with your favourite dipping sauces.
- Refer to packet instructions for suggested oven cooking times. Adjust air fryer settings accordingly.
- Follow the thumb rule: if the suggested oven cooking times are 180C and 20 minutes, reduce the cooking time by 50%. Air fry at 180C for approximately 10 minutes.