This Vegan Matcha smoothie is made with matcha, mango, oats, and oat milk, and can be whipped up in just five minutes. It’s the perfect way to fuel your day or satisfy your mid-day cravings.
Why you’ll love this recipe?
- It’s a vegan-friendly recipe.
- It’s quick and easy to make, taking only 5 minutes.
- This delicious and healthy smoothie can be enjoyed anytime of the day.
- The smoothie is high in fibre, vitamins, and antioxidants, making it a great choice for anyone looking to improve their health and wellbeing.
- Matcha provides a natural energy boost without the jitters of coffee or other caffeinated drinks.
- It’s a versatile recipe that you can customise to your liking by adjusting the sweetness, consistency, or adding different ingredients such as protein powder or other fruits.
Ingredients & Substitutions
Matcha: Matcha is a key ingredient in this recipe and is responsible for the vibrant green colour and distinct flavour of the smoothie. I use T2tea brand of matcha green tea, but you can use any high-quality matcha powder that you prefer. There are many ways to use Matcha like in a smoothie, latte or in a raspberry matcha popsicles too.
Mango: Adds natural sweetness and a tropical flavour to the smoothie. You can use fresh or frozen mango, depending on what’s available.
Oats: Are a great source of fibre and make the smoothie more filling and satisfying. I use Rolled oats in this recipe, but you can also use quick oats or steel-cut oats if you prefer.
Milk: Gives a create a creamy consistency for the smoothie. I use Oat milk in this recipe, but you can use any non-dairy milk that you prefer, such as almond milk, soy milk, or coconut milk.
Sweetener: To sweeten the smoothie, you can use maple syrup, sugar, or any other sweetener of your choice. For those who are not following a vegan diet, you can use honey as a substitute.
Vanilla: Is added for extra flavour and a touch of sweetness. You can use vanilla extract or vanilla powder to achieve the desired flavour.
My 5 Minutes Matcha smoothie recipe
Just like most of my easy recipes, this matcha smoothie is a breeze to make.
To make this smoothie, all you need is a few simple ingredients and a blender. Simply blend together mango, oats, matcha powder, and oat milk until smooth and creamy. For added flavour, add vanilla extract and a sweetener of your choice.
Isn’t the recipe super simple!
This drink is perfect for breakfast, a mid-day snack, or even as a post-workout recovery drink.
How to serve Matcha Smoothie?
To serve the Matcha smoothie, pour it into a glass or mason jar and garnish it with a sprinkle of matcha powder, slices of mango, or rolled oats if desired. Enjoy the smoothie immediately or chill it in the fridge for a few hours for a colder and more refreshing drink.
Storing Matcha Smoothie
To store your Matcha smoothie in the fridge, transfer it to an airtight container with a lid. Keep it covered tightly to prevent air from getting in, which can cause the smoothie to oxidise and lose its flavour.
You can store the smoothie in the fridge for up to 24 hours. Give it a good shake or stir before drinking, and add a splash of milk or water if needed to adjust the consistency.
Make sure to drink the smoothie as soon as possible to enjoy its best taste and nutrition.
How to thicken a smoothie?
- Use frozen fruits instead of fresh fruits. The frozen fruits will help to create a thicker texture.
- Use frozen banana or berries to add creaminess and thickness to the smoothie.
- Add chia seeds, flaxseeds, or oats to the smoothie. These ingredients absorb liquid and will help to thicken the smoothie.
- Blend the smoothie for a longer time. This will help to break down the ingredients and create a smoother and thicker texture.
- Use a high-powered blender to blend the ingredients. A high-powered blender can blend ingredients more finely, resulting in a thicker and smoother texture.
If you love this recipe, you will also love
- Fresh Apple Celery Juice
- ABC Juice
- Orange Carrot Juice
- Vegan Mango Lassi
- Cucumber Lassi
- Blueberry Coconut smoothie
Easy 5 minutes Vegan Matcha Smoothie recipe below
- 2 tsp Matcha Green tea Powder
- 1 cup Mango (fresh or frozen) diced
- 1 cup Milk Vegan alternative – Use Oat milk, Almond Milk ,Soy Milk or Cashew Milk
- 3 tsp Oats
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 tsp Maple Syrup
- Ice As needed
- To make the Matcha smoothie, add all the ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Then, pour the smoothie into a glass and serve immediately. Enjoy your delicious and healthy Vegan Matcha smoothie!