These Cajun roasted cauliflower steaks are a delectable dish made by generously coating thick slices of cauliflower with Cajun seasoning and roasting them to perfection.
For an even more enjoyable experience, pair them with coriander chutney.
Why you’ll love these Roasted Cauliflower steaks?
Easy to prepare: Cauliflower steaks are easy to make and can be ready in under 30 minutes.
Nutritional benefits: Cauliflower is a nutrient-rich vegetable that is low in calories and high in fibre, vitamins, and minerals. Eating cauliflower steaks is a great way to add more veggies to your diet and enjoy their health benefits.
Versatility: Whether you’re a vegetarian or a meat-eater, cauliflower steaks can be enjoyed by everyone. They make a great side dish or entree, and can be seasoned in many different ways to suit your tastes.
Cooking method: They can be oven roasted, air fried, grilled, or even pan-fried, making them a quick and convenient option for busy weeknights.
Dietary needs: Suitable for vegan/ vegetarian and gluten free diet.
Ingredients to make Cauliflower Steaks with Cajun Seasoning
Cauliflower – Choose a cauliflower that is small to medium sized to serve individual portions.
Olive Oil or Coconut Oil – We love either of them in our home. You may alternatively choose to use an oil of your choice.
Lemon Juice – Adds a lot of freshness to the grilled cauliflower steaks
Cajun Seasoning – is one of my favourite spice mix combinations. You can use a store-bought cajun spice mix or make it at home.
Salt & Pepper to taste
How to slice cauliflower for cauliflower steaks?
It is really easy to cut the cauliflower for cauliflower steaks.
- Start by removing any outer leaves from the cauliflower head.
- With a sharp knife, trim off the stem at the bottom of the cauliflower so that it sits flat on your cutting board.
- Working from the top of the cauliflower head, carefully slice downwards in 1-inch-thick slices along with the stalk. By doing so, you can keep the steaks in one piece. You can usually get 3-4 steaks out of one medium cauliflower head, depending on its size.
- As you slice, some of the florets may break off. Don’t worry – you can set them aside for aloo gobi traybake, cauliflower manchurian or even cauliflower fried rice.
How to make Oven roasted Cauliflower steaks?
Start by marinating the cauliflower steaks in a mixture of oil, lemon juice, and Cajun seasoning. For extra flavour, you can also add a teaspoon of ginger and garlic powder.
Place the marinated steaks on a baking tray and bake them in a preheated oven at 200 C for approximately 35-45 minutes, turning them over once in between.
Remove the cauliflower steaks from the oven when they are golden brown and tender around the edges.
To serve, place the roasted cauliflower steaks on a serving platter and garnish them with chopped parsley, lime wedges, and toasted pine nuts.
How to make Air fryer Cajun Cauliflower Steaks?
Start by marinating the cauliflower steaks in a mixture of oil, lemon juice, and Cajun seasoning.
Arrange the steaks in the air fryer basket and air fry at 180C for 15-20 minutes. At half time, flip the steaks around.
Remove the cauliflower steaks from the air fryer and serve warm.
How to serve Cajun Cauliflower steaks?
Serve Cauliflower Steak in a variety of ways and add extra flavour to your meals.
- Serve the roasted cauliflower steaks with a dip or chutney of your choice. Popular options include hummus, tzatziki, cucumber raita or green coriander chutney.
- For a more filling meal, serve the cauliflower steaks on a bed of steamed rice, couscous, or quinoa. This can add some extra texture and flavour to the dish.
- You can also use the leftover Cajun cauliflower steaks as a filling for wraps or tacos. Add some fresh veggies, a squeeze of lime juice, and a dollop of sour cream or yogurt for a delicious and satisfying meal.
Cauliflower Steaks variations include
Simple seasoning with salt, pepper, lemon juice, and olive oil
Tandoori cauliflower steak marinated with tandoori masala and yogurt, then grilled
Indian roasted cauliflower steaks
Herb crusted cauliflower steaks
Shawarma spiced cauliflower steaks
Grilled cauliflower steaks with lemon and honey
Cauliflower steak pizza.
More Cauliflower recipes
Easy Cajun roasted Cauliflower Steaks recipe below
Ingredients for Roasted Cauliflower Steaks
- 2 Heads of medium sized cauliflower
- 4-5 tbsp cajun seasoning
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice or juice of 1 lemon
- salt & pepper to taste
- Chopped Parsley
- Lime Wedges
- Toasted Pinenuts
Ingredients for Coriander Avocado chutney
- 50 g coriander leaves
- 1 Green Chilli optional
- 1 medium avocado
- Juice of ½ lemon
- salt to taste
- ¼ cup of water
- Preheat the oven to 200C.
- To prepare cauliflower steak, Cut the cauliflower in thick chunky slices, roughly 1 inch along with the stalk.
- Marinate the cauliflower with olive oil, lemon juice, cajun seasoning, salt and pepper.
- Arrange the steak on the baking tray.
- Place the cajun spiced cauliflower steak in the oven for 25 minutes. Flip them over and bake for another 10 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper and serve hot with Coriander Avocado Chutney.
Coriander Avocado Chutney
- Add all the ingredients in the blender and whizz until smooth. Add more water, if needed.
Disclosure – This recipe is in collaboration with Portmeirion.