Homemade Parmentier potatoes are a delicious twist on classic roasted potatoes. Cubes of potatoes are baked to perfection with garlic and herbs. With only seven basic ingredients, you can relish flavourful oven-baked Parmentier Potatoes in about 40 minutes.
About this easy Homemade Parmentier Potatoes aka Oven roasted cubed potatoes
These Oven Roasted Cubed Potatoes are the perfect addition to any meal, bringing a burst of flavour and a satisfying crunch to your plate.
What makes this recipe so special? Well, it’s incredibly easy to make! Plus, it requires only a handful of basic ingredients that you probably already have in your kitchen. With just a few simple steps, you’ll have a delicious side dish ready to impress your family and friends.
Choose your favourite roasting potato variety, season with garlic, thyme, or your preferred herbs, and let them bake to perfection. With just a handful of ingredients and minimal effort, you’ll have a flavourful and satisfying addition to any meal. Enjoy these versatile and delectable Parmentier Potatoes, hassle free in under an hour.
While you can easily find pre-seasoned Parmentier potatoes at UK supermarkets like Tesco, Waitrose, Sainsbury’s, Morrisons, and ASDA, they still require air frying or baking to achieve the desired crispy texture.
So why buy from the stores when you can make them at home easily?
Want to make it in the air fryer, follow my air fryer parmentier potatoes recipe.
- Potatoes: Choose floury varieties like King Edward thats perfect for roasting.They are super crispy on the outside and fluffy inside.
- Garlic: Opt for fresh whole garlic to impart the best flavour. Sub for garlic from the jar.
- Oil: Use a neutral-flavoured oil such as sunflower oil or rapeseed oil.
- Herbs: I like to use fresh thyme for flavouring the potatoes. They infuse the potatoes with a wonderful fragrance and bring out their savoury flavours.
- Salt & Pepper: Season to taste, enhancing the natural flavours of the ingredients.
Cube the Potatoes for Parmentier style potatoes
To achieve perfectly cubed Parmentier-style potatoes, follow these simple steps. Begin by peeling the potatoes, then slice them lengthways into approximately 2 cm thick slices. Next, take each slice and cut them lengthways and widthways, resulting in evenly-sized cubes. This uniformity ensures even cooking and a consistent texture throughout the dish. With your potatoes expertly cubed, you’re ready to create a delicious Parmentier potato masterpiece.
How to make easy Parmentier potatoes: Step by Step?
- Par Boil the potatoes: In a large saucepan, pour a kettle of boiling water over the diced potatoes and add salt. Allow them to cook for 5-7 minutes until they are fork-tender. Drain the potatoes and let them rest in a colander for 5 minutes.
- Infuse with herbs: Toss the drained potatoes with oil, salt and pepper.
- Bake: Transfer the seasoned potatoes to a baking tray along with garlic cloves and her Place the tray in a preheated oven at 200°C and bake for 25-30 minutes until they are well roasted. Gently flip the potatoes using a spatula or tongs during the cooking process to achieve your desired level of crispiness. Taste and adjust the seasoning as needed.
- Serve: Transfer the hot Parmentier potatoes to a serving dish, garnish with your favorite herb, and serve as a side dish with your favourite main course
- Serve parmentier potatoes as a main course with a side of roasted vegetables or fresh salad.
- Add protein by including grilled tofu, marinated tempeh, or pan-seared halloumi cheese.
- Use parmentier potatoes as a side dish alongside garlic noodles or vegetable chowmein.
- Serve them as appetisers alongside a selection of dipping sauces like sour cream and chive dip, onion garlic dip , or sweet chilli sauce.
- Incorporate them into breakfast or brunch by pairing with scrambled eggs or tofu scramble, avocado, and tomatoes.
Make ahead Parmentier Potatoes
To make ahead Parmentier potatoes for Christmas or Thanksgiving, begin by parboiling the diced potatoes until they are slightly tender. Then, drain and allow them to cool a bit. Combine the potatoes with oil, salt and pepper. Transfer the seasoned potatoes to a baking dish and cover it tightly with foil or a lid. Place the dish in the refrigerator until you’re ready to cook. When it’s time, preheat your oven, remove the cover from the dish, add garlic cloves and herbs , and bake until they turn golden and crispy. The result is a hassle-free, delicious side dish that you can make in advance and enjoy whenever you desire.
Storing leftover Parmentier Potatoes
In the fridge: Transfer the cooled Parmentier potatoes to an airtight container and refrigerate for up to 3-4 days. Reheat in the oven or air fryer before serving.
In the freezer: Cool the leftover Parmentier potatoes, transfer them to a freezer-safe container, and freeze for up to 2-3 months. Thaw in the refrigerator overnight and reheat until crispy for a quick and tasty meal.
- Thyme and Parsley: Infuse the potatoes with fragrant thyme and parsley for an earthy flavor.
- Shallots and Garlic: Enhance the savoury depth with diced shallots and fresh garlic.
- Lemon and Dill: Give the potatoes a refreshing citrusy flavor with lemon juice and dill.
- Cajun/Taco Seasoning: Add a bold and fiery twist with Cajun or Taco seasoning.
- Curry Flavour: Create a rich and aromatic dish with curry powder or a blend of spices like turmeric, cumin, coriander, and ginger.
Should I boil the potatoes or not for parmentier potatoes?
Yes, you should parboil the potatoes for Parmentier potatoes. This technique ensures quicker and more even cooking, resulting in a crispy exterior and a fluffy interior when baked in the oven.
More Easy Potato recipes
Easy Homemade Parmentier Potatoes recipe below
- 450 g potatoes peeled and cut into 2 cm cubes
- 2 tbsp oil
- ½ tsp black pepper
- salt to taste
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 springs thyme chopped
- In a large saucepan, pour a kettle of boiling water over the diced potatoes and add salt. Allow them to cook for 5-7 minutes until they are fork-tender.450 g potatoes, salt to taste
- Drain the potatoes and let them rest in a colander for 5 minutes.
- In a bowl, toss the potato cubes with oil, salt, and pepper until evenly coated.450 g potatoes, 2 tbsp oil, ½ tsp black pepper, salt to taste
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (392°F)
- Transfer the seasoned potato cubes and garlic on a baking tray and then into the oven and cook for 25-30 minutes, flipping them halfway through the cooking time.450 g potatoes, 3 cloves garlic
- Once the potatoes are slightly crispy, add the herbs . Toss to coat the potatoes with the garlic and herbs.450 g potatoes, 2 springs thyme
- Coook for an additional 10-12 minutes or until the potatoes are nicely roasted.
- Remove from the oven and serve the deliciously crispy Parmentier potatoes as a side dish or snack. Enjoy!