This Instant Pot Carrot Ginger Soup is a quick and tasty meal made with healthy ingredients. Carrots, ginger, and coconut milk come together to make a yummy soup that’s perfect for everyone to enjoy.
It’s a vegan dish that’s packed with flavour and nutrients, making it a great choice for a family dinner.
Why should I cook Carrot soup in the Instant Pot?
By using the Instant Pot to make carrot soup, you can speed up the cooking process and have a delicious and nutritious meal in less time. With the Instant Pot, you can save time on chopping the carrots precisely and simmering the soup on the stove. The Instant Pot’s pressure cooking process infuses the soup with intense flavours, making it a hearty and filling dish for the whole family to enjoy.
So, grab a bowl and enjoy this comforting carrot soup today!
Homemade creamy Instant Pot Carrot Soup
I’m a big fan of soups that are healthy, flavourful and requires minimal effort. This Instant Pot Carrot Soup recipe ticks all the boxes. In just 30 minutes or less, you can have a bowl of nourishing soup that’s packed with beta carotene and bursting with flavour.
Making this soup is incredibly easy – all you need is six ingredients – carrots, celery, ginger, garlic, onion, coconut milk, and a few seasonings and oils. Simply saute the garlic, ginger, onion and celery in oil, then add the carrots, seasonings and some stock, pressure cook. Blend everything together and add coconut milk to create a creamy and delicious soup.
This soup is a perfect one-pot meal for busy weeknights or a light lunch option. In addition to its simplicity and deliciousness, this recipe is also fantastic for batch cooking.
Want to make a roasted carrot soup – try this Air fryer Carrot Soup recipe.
Why’ll love this recipe?
- Made with fresh and healthy ingredients
- Dietary needs – vegan and vegetarian option
- Easy to make in the Instant Pot (pressure cooker)
- Flavourful and aromatic spices
- Smooth and creamy texture
- Warming and comforting
- Fantastic for batch cooking
- Can be made in advance and reheated
How to make Instant Pot Carrot Soup?
It is really simple and straightforward to make this carrot ginger soup in Instant Pot.
Sweat the aromatics in Saute mode to bring out the best flavours. Then add the carrots, spices and stock and then pressure cook for 8 minutes in total.
Allow the pressure to release naturally for 10 minutes before opening the lid.
Blend the soup with an immersion blender and add coconut milk. Season to taste and garnish as desired.
Alternatively, you can skip the sautéing step and simply add all ingredients (excluding the coconut milk) to the Instant Pot, pressure cook, blend, season, garnish, and serve.
What to serve with Instant Pot carrot soup?
Serve Instant Pot Carrot soup with a variety of sides. Here are some of the options:
- Bread: Crusty bread like Soda Bread, No Knead bread or Homemade garlic knots or Eggless Dinner rolls.
- Sandwich: A warm and gooey grilled cheese sandwich pairs really well with this soup.
- Rice, quinoa or Pasta: They can help absorb some of the soup and provide a filling meal.
- Croutons: To add a crunchy texture to the soup, top with air fryer croutons.
- Toppings: Top the soup with chopped herbs like chives or parsley, a dollop of yogurt or sour cream, or a drizzle of olive oil.
Storing Homemade Carrot Ginger Soup
Fridge: Store leftover Instant Pot carrot ginger soup in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 3-4 days. Reheat on the stove or in the microwave before serving.
Freezer: Freeze carrot soup for up to 3 months. Thaw in the refrigerator overnight before reheating. Add a splash of water or stock to thin out the soup if necessary after thawing and reheating.
Tips to make the best Instant Pot Carrot Ginger Soup
Use fresh, carrots: The flavours of this soup will depend largely on the quality of the carrots, so choose the freshest and sweetest ones you can find.
Sweat the aromatics: Sauté the onion, celery, garlic, and ginger in a little bit of oil until they are softened and fragrant. This will build depth and complexity of flavour in the soup.
Blend until smooth: Use an immersion blender or a regular table top blender to puree the soup until it is smooth and creamy. If the soup is too thick, you can thin it out with a little bit of water or vegetable stock.
Season well: Be sure to season well with salt and pepper to taste. You may also want to add other warming spices like curry powder, cumin, coriander, or turmeric for added flavour.
Garnish: For a pop of colour and texture, top the soup with a handful of chopped fresh herbs like chives or parsley.
If you love easy soup recipes, you will also love
- Instant Pot Pumpkin Soup + Video Tutorial
- Tomato Rasam | SouthIndian Tomato Soup
- Roasted Carrot Soup
- Vegetable Manchow Soup
- Creamy Cauliflower Soup
- Vegetable clear soup
- Pear Soup
Easy Instant Pot Carrot Ginger Soup recipe below
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 600 g carrots ( 8-9 carrots) sliced
- 10 g ginger (1 inch)
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 70 g celery (1 stalk) washed, cut
- 3 cloves garlic
- 100 g white onion ( 1 medium sized) roughly chopped
- 400 ml vegetable stock
- salt to taste
- 1½ tsp pepper
- 1½ tsp curry powder
- chives for garnishing
- Press the sauté button on the Instant Pot and add oil, followed by garlic. Stir for 15 seconds.
- Add onions and sauté for 1 minute until slightly translucent.
- Add celery, ginger, and carrots and sauté until the oil is glazed. Cancel the sauté mode on the Instant Pot.
- Add salt, pepper, curry powder, and vegetable stock and stir well.
- Cover the lid, set to high pressure for 8 minutes, and allow the Instant Pot to switch to the Keep Warm function. After 10 minutes, naturally release the pressure.
- Blend the soup with an immersion blender.
- Add coconut milk and blend until smooth. Taste and add more seasoning as desired.
- Ladle the soup into bowls, garnish with chives, and serve hot.