Quick, easy, and cheap—satisfy your cravings with Veggie Quesadillas! Packed with wholesome veggies, beans and gooey cheese, these delicious vegetarian quesadillas are perfect for busy days when you need a fuss-free lunch/ dinner options in just 10 minutes.
About my easy Vegetarian Quesadillas recipe
I absolutely love Veggie Quesadillas—easy, quick, and budget-friendly! They’re my go-to dinner option on busy days, offering ultimate convenience with just 10 minutes of prep.
The best part is the versatility they offer—I can toss in any veggies and protein I have on hand, making it a great way to use up leftovers. The gooey cheese holds everything together perfectly, and the crispy tortilla adds a delightful crunch.
Also as there is very less to clean up afterwards, this makes my quesadillas an absolute winner on any hectic day.
Tortillas: For this recipe, I’ve used plain tortillas, as they were readily available. However, you can also opt for Chapatis, Corn Tortilla, Spinach Tortilla, or Wholemeal Tortillas to switch things up.
Cheese: My go-to choice is Mature Cheddar Cheese for its rich flavor, but you have plenty of options—Monterey Jack, Pepper Jack, Mozzarella, or a delightful mix of all!
Beans: I prefer using Canned Black Beans, but feel free to use Chickpeas or Pinto Beans as alternatives.
Veggies: To give these quesadillas the perfect crunch, I love adding red onions, red peppers, and corn. You can also experiment with mixed bell peppers, courgettes, or any of your favourite veggies.
Spices: A touch of cumin powder, salt, and pepper add just the right amount of seasoning. Feel free to get creative with spice blends like Cajun or Fajita seasoning for an extra kick.
Lemon or Lime: To elevate the vibrance and flavour profile, a squeeze of fresh lemon or lime does wonders!
Creating the quesadilla filling is a breeze! Simply mix together black beans, red pepper, sweet corn, ground cumin, and season it with a pinch of salt and pepper for that perfect balance of flavours. Add a sprinkle of fresh coriander for wholesome and delicious filling.
How to make Veggie Quesadillas on skillet: Step by Step?
To make my easy Vegetable loaded quesadilla, start with heating a skillet over medium heat.Place a tortilla for 30 seconds to warm up.
Sprinkle a layer of cheese, followed by the prepared quesadilla filling (beans mixture), and another layer of cheese.
Fold the tortilla to enclose the filling. Brush a gentle layer of oil and cook the quesadilla for about 1 minute until crispy.
Carefully flip it and cook the other side until golden and crispy too. Once done, transfer the veggie quesadilla to a wooden cutting board and let it cool before slicing into 4 pieces.
Enjoy your delicious and crispy Veggie Quesadillas!
Tips to make the Best Veggie Quesadillas
- Use Just One Tortilla per Quesadilla: Seal at least 2 edges with the filling, but feel free to spread it on one and top with the other if you prefer.
- Grate Your Favourite Cheese: Use the coarse end of the shredder for better melting. Avoid store-bought shredded cheese with anti-caking agents.
- Vegan Quesadillas: Make it vegan by using vegan cheese as a tasty alternative.
- Perfect Quesadilla Filling: Combine protein and chopped vegetables for a balanced and delicious filling that holds well.
- Optional Oil: Brush the tortilla with oil to keep it moist, or try a touch of butter for added richness.
- The Tasty Quesadilla Formula: Use 1/2 cup of cheese and 1/2 cup of vegetable filling per tortilla. This quantity works well for large tortillas without overflowing.
- Cheesy Finish: Sprinkle some extra cheese on top of the tortilla for an irresistible cheesy touch before cooking.
Easy Loaded Veggie Quesadillas recipe below
- 1 can black beans drained
- ½ cup sweet corn canned/ fresh
- ½ cup red pepper diced
- ½ cup red onion diced
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 Tsp lime juice
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 1 jalapeno diced fine ( optional )
- 2-3 tbsp fresh coriander diced
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 2 cup Cheddar Cheese shredded
- 4 Flour Tortilla
- Add the first 9 ingredients in a bowl and stir to combine.1 can black beans, ½ cup sweet corn, ½ cup red pepper, ½ cup red onion, 1 tsp ground cumin, 1 Tsp lime juice, Salt & Pepper to taste, 1 jalapeno, 2-3 tbsp fresh coriander
Skillet Vegetable Quesadilla
- Heat a skillet over medium heat. Place the tortilla for 30 seconds to heat up. Sprinkle a layer of cheese, prepared beans mixture followed by a layer of cheese.1 tsp olive oil, 2 cup Cheddar Cheese, 4 Flour Tortilla
- Fold the Tortilla to enclose the filling. Brush a gentle layer of oil and cook the quesadilla for 1 minute or slightly longer until it’s crispy.
- Flip carefully and cook again until the otherside is golden and crispy too.
- Remove the prepared veggie quesadilla from the skillet and place it on a wooden cutting board. Allow them to cool down and then slice it into 4 pieces.
- Repeat the process with the remaining tortilla’s.
OVEN BAKED VEGGIE QUESADILLA
- Preheat oven to 200C/390F.Spray baking tray lightly with olive oil.
- In the mean while, divide the prepared filling mixture between the tortilla – first cheese layer, followed by beans mixture and again cheese.2 cup Cheddar Cheese, 4 Flour Tortilla
- Fold the prepared tortilla in half and press them gently.
- Remove the the heated baking tray from the oven and place the quesadilla’s on the tray.
- Bake for 6-8 minutes until you see the surface golden & crispy. Flip it over and bake for a further 6-8 minutes until the surface is crispy!
- Allow it cool on the wooden chopping board for a minute to two. Slice it into 4 pieces and serve hot.
BBQ VEGGIE QUESADILLA
- Simply prepare the quesadilla just as you would bake it in the oven.4 Flour Tortilla, 2 cup Cheddar Cheese
- Wrap them in heavy duty foil packets until completely sealed.
- Place them on the barbecue and grill them for 6-8 minutes until the cheese is melted and the tortilla is golden & crispy.
- Carefully remove from the foil and transfer them to a chopping board. Allow them to cool down. Slice it into 4 pieces and serve hot.
- Serve with your favourite condiments.
Disclosure – This post is sponsored by Costcutter.