These easy veggie quesadilla are loaded with beans, corn, bell pepper, cilantro, spices and lots & lots of cheese! Yes, these delicious vegetarian quesadillas are great bbq appetisers as well as for lunch/ dinner. Make them vegan, by simply replacing with vegan cheese!
Recently, Costcutter challenged me to come up with a new recipe incorporating some of their Festival of Summer special offers and I immediately knew it had to be Veggie Quesadillas. Whether you’re planning your family and friends BBQs or preparing to go away for summer holidays, Costcutter has got some great deals, including Co-op Own Brand products, to make the most of the summer. There are exciting promotions on cheese, soft drinks, crisps, burger buns and plenty of household brands, which is perfectly timed for the picnics and barbecues.
We chose to purchase ingredients for the Quesadillas from the Festival of Summer promotions along with the handy dips – Tomato Salsa, Guacamole and Sour Cream, which doubles up as a great side for the barbecue party.
Also, to celebrate the Festival of Summer, Costcutter are running Find the Golden Microphone competition. Throughout summer, Golden Mic will be placed in stores across the UK. Look out for your local stores to see if you can spot the golden mic for a chance to win a £5000 holiday voucher. ( Secret Tip – Look up on their website/ social media for clues ) To enter – simply visit the store, look out for the mic, take a selfie and post your pictures on social media tagging @Costcutter #FindTheGoldenMic .
So what are you waiting for? Head to Costcutter today and see if you can spot the golden mic near you. Good Luck!
VEGGIE QUESADILLA RECIPE
I’m not kidding at all, when I say 10 minutes dish! It is really that quick and just too good. Formula for a quick Quesadilla is all about using readily available ingredients in your pantry/ refrigerator. Just sandwich the mixture between the tortilla, cook them until nice & crispy on the outside and cheesy inside. Delicious, isn’t it!!tiny
what is QUESADILLA?
A basic Quesadilla is a grilled tortilla filled with melted cheese. The word ‘Quesadilla’ translated to cheese pastries in Mexican Spanish. Corn or flour tortilla’s are used to make quesadilla.
Kids love cheesy quesadilla at home. However our favourite quesadilla has got to have lots of filling, rich in proteins and vegetables.
I love to use Spinach Tortilla’s, whole grain tortilla or even Roti’s for a wholesome meal. We tend to opt for them instead of takeaways – Vegetable Quesadilla’s are delicious, easy and super quick.
There are some super cool tips, I’ve got to share to make Quesadilla easy, faster and delicious.
Cool tips to make the BEST VEGGIE QUESADILLA
Use Just One Tortilla per Quesadilla –This method helps in sealing at-least 2 edges with the filling. But there is no hard and fast rule. If you like it just spread the filling on the base tortilla and top it with the other one.
Cheese – I love using Mature Cheddar Cheese. But there are so many options to choose from – Monterey jack, Pepper Jack, Mozzarella. One important tip I have for you – Grate your favourite cheese with the coarse end of the shredder. Do not use store bought shredded cheese for this, as they have got anti-caking agent to prevent the cheese from clumping. Because of this the shredded cheese doesn’t melt all that quickly.
Make Vegan Quesadilla by using Vegan Cheese.
Quesadilla filling – Use a combination of protein and vegetables for the filling. Chop the vegetables small as they tend to hold better inside the quesadilla. Depending upon what’s available for a fridge clear out, I decide on the filling.
But do include the proteins for sure!
Oil – This is completely optional! I like to keep the tortilla moist, so prefer to brush it gently with a coating of oil. If you fancy – brush with some butter.
THE FORMULA for TASTY VEGGIE QUESADILLAS – Use 1/2 cup cheese per tortilla and 1/2 cup vegetable filling inside the tortilla’s . This quantity works ideal for large tortilla’s and I don’t see the filling overflowing.
For a cheesy touch, sprinkle some cheese on top of the tortilla too and cook them!
Serving Suggestions – Serve your loaded quesadilla promptly with Salsa, Sour Cream & guacamole. Garnish with cilantro, lime wedges and even pickled onions.
TRY THESE DELICIOUS DIPS FOR BARBECUE
HAVE YOU TRIED MY RECIPE FOR VEGGIE QUESADILLA?
EASY VEGGIE QUESADILLA RECIPE BELOW
- 1 Can of Black Beans
- 1/2 Cup cooked corn canned/ fresh
- 1/2 cup red pepper diced
- 1/2 cup red or white onion diced
- 1 tsp Cumin Powder
- 1 Tsp lime juice
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Jalapeno's diced fine ( optional )
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 2 Cups of Cheese shredded
- 3 Large Flour Tortilla
- Quesadilla filling - Add the first 7 ingredients in a bowl and stir to combine.
STOVE TOP VEGETABLE QUESADILLA
- Heat a skillet over medium heat. Place the tortilla for 30 seconds to heat up. Sprinkle a layer of cheese, prepared beans mixture followed by a layer of cheese.
- Fold the Tortilla to enclose the filling. Brush a gentle layer of oil and cook the quesadilla for 1 minute or slightly longer until it's crispy.
- Flip carefully and cook again until the otherside is golden and crispy too.
- Remove the prepared veggie quesadilla from the skillet and place it on a wooden cutting board. Allow them to cool down and then slice it into 4 pieces.
- Repeat the process with the remaining tortilla's.
- Serve promptly with Salsa, Guacamole and Sour Cream dip.
OVEN BAKED VEGGIE QUESADILLA
- Preheat oven to 200C/390F.Spray baking tray lightly with olive oil.
- In the mean while, divide the prepared filling mixture between the tortilla - first cheese layer, followed by beans mixture and again cheese.
- Fold the prepared tortilla in half and press them gently.
- Remove the the heated baking tray from the oven and place the quesadilla's on the tray.
- Bake for 6-8 minutes until you see the surface golden & crispy. Flip it over and bake for a further 6-8 minutes until the surface is crispy!
- Allow it cool on the wooden chopping board for a minute to two. Slice it into 4 pieces and serve hot.
BBQ VEGGIE QUESADILLA
- Simply prepare the quesadilla just as you would bake it in the oven.
- Wrap them in heavy duty foil packets until completely sealed.
- Place them on the barbecue and grill them for 6-8 minutes until the cheese is melted and the tortilla is golden & crispy.
- Carefully remove from the foil and transfer them to a chopping board. Allow them to cool down. Slice it into 4 pieces and serve hot.
Disclosure – This post is sponsored by Costcutter.