This Sweet Chilli mayo is creamy, mildly sweet and spicy, and can complement any dish. It’s an easy dipping sauce, made with just 3 ingredients, and ready in just 5 minutes!
Why should you try this homemade sweet chilli mayo dip recipe?
- Budget-friendly: Making this dip at home is much more cost-effective than buying a bottle of store-bought sweet chilli mayo.
- Quick and easy: You can have this dip ready to serve in just about 5 minutes, making it a great choice for busy weeknights or last-minute gatherings.
- Scalable: This recipe can be easily adjusted to make as much as you need for a small gathering or double and triple the quantity for larger events. This makes it a flexible choice that can accommodate a variety of situations and group sizes.
- Versatile: The sweet and spicy flavour profile of this dip makes it a great accompaniment to a variety of foods, from spring rolls to sandwiches, tacos, and more.
- Dietary needs: This dip can be easily modified to suit a variety of dietary needs and preferences, The base recipe is vegetarian, but you can make it vegan by using vegan mayo or egg-free mayo. This makes it a great choice for those with dietary restrictions or preferences.
What is Sweet Chilli Mayonnaise made of?
This dip only requires three simple ingredients that are readily available at your local grocery store or you may most probably have at home too.
Mayonnaise – Any full-fat variety will do to create that creamy texture that makes this dip so irresistible. Use Vegan Mayo or Egg free Mayo to make Vegan sweet chilli mayo dip.
Sweet Chilli sauce – You can use store-bought sauce or make your own with my Sweet Chilli Pineapple Sauce recipe.
Garlic – Another important ingredient that adds a savoury and slightly spicy flavour to the dip. While you can use fresh minced garlic, I prefer using garlic powder to save time and effort.
Optional add ins – If you want to add an extra kick to your Sweet Chilli Mayonnaise, you can experiment with some optional add-ins like chilli flakes, hot sauce, or a splash of lemon juice. Add a pinch of salt to taste, and you’re all set to enjoy this flavourful dip!These ingredients can take your dip to the next level and make it even more delicious.
How to make Sweet Chilli mayo?
In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, sweet chilli sauce and garlic powder. Stir to combine until smooth.
Taste the sauce and add salt as needed. Enjoy delicious homemade sweet chilli mayo instantly with your snacks.
This sweet chilli mayonnaise dip is a creamy and flavourful, adding a sweet and spicy kick to a variety of vegetarian dishes such as air fryer halloumi fries, spring rolls, vegetable fried rice, chunky chips, zucchini fries, hash browns, cauliflower steak, crispy potato slices, and tacos.
How long does Sweet Chilli Mayo keep?
Store Sweet Chilli Mayonnaise in an airtight container or glass jar in the refrigerator for up to a month. Be sure to check for any signs of spoilage before using it after the expiration date.
Can I freeze Sweet Chilli Mayo?
While you technically can freeze sweet chilli mayo dip, it’s not recommended as the texture and consistency can change when frozen and thawed. Hence it’s best to prepare only the amount of dip that you will use within a month and store it in an airtight container or glass jar in the refrigerator.
2 minutes Sweet Chilli Mayo recipe below
- 1 cup mayonnaise or vegan mayonnaise
- ¼ cup sweet chilli sauce
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp salt optional
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, sweet chilli sauce and garlic powder.1 cup mayonnaise or vegan mayonnaise, ¼ cup sweet chilli sauce, ½ tsp garlic powder
- Stir the ingredients together until they are well combined and the sauce is smooth.
- Taste the sauce and add salt if needed to enhance the flavours.¼ tsp salt
- Transfer the sweet chilli mayo to a jar or container and refrigerate until ready to use.